#1 bob

bob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:07 AM

Hi,
we own round about 90 VZ5002 with PIP USP 2 Modules.

Some of the PIP modules doesent show a Model, Serial or Date Code information with Crown IQ 5.12.
Instead of the normal information a "y" with two dots on top is shown!

If I put one of this PIP Modules into another 5002 the correct information will shown. So maybe this is an Amplifier problem.

How to fix this problem.

In the last time I get very often a "Access violation" message.

Message: "Access violation at address 02AEFB3C in module pip2mdll.dll. Read of Address 000044"

The message is allways the same but the address changes.

Why do get this message? I am using diferent computer, and different dataframes.

The most of our PIP Modules have the firmware 1.003 but the newer ones have an 1.010 chip. How can we update the PIP modules to the same firmware version.

Because I do not like write for every show or tour a new dataframe.

On readdressing a dataframe the Instant Master will not folow the readdressing.

kb@sirius-ag.netCompany Webpage

Regards Bob

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:56 PM

I think I might know what the issue is with the MA5Ks and the USP-2 cards.
There appears to be a problem with the ROM chip in the amplifier that holds the amplifier information. This could be anything from the chip being loose to a bad chip. If it's a loose chip a service center can reset it for you. If it's a bad chip than it will need to come back here for reprogramming.
How may of the amplifiers are exibiting the problem?

Concerning the access viaoltions of the PIP.dll file: What version of the software are you using? It sounds as if you may be using an older version of IQ for Windows software that doesn't have the .dll for the the newer USP-2 firmware.

I will look into the other two issues with our engineers and get back to you as soon as I have some answers.

#3 bob

bob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 07:29 AM

I check today how many amplifiers have the problem with the date and serial code.

----------------------------

I am using IQ for Windows 5.12 and I did a Rollcall.

The Access Violation message also occure when only 4 Amplifiers are connected.

---------------------------------

And please inform me how to update the frimware .

---------------------------------

We now have a Prototype of the new Itech and I will test the amp the next days.

Regards Bob
kb@sirius-ag.net
SIRIUS AG, Germany

#4 bob

bob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:58 AM

I found the date,model,serial code problem on 13 amplifieres. I have only checked 52 VZ5002s because the rest is on tour.

On some Amplifieres only the datecode is shown as a Y with two dots on top.

The Itech looks very good, but at the first testing some problems occure.
I know it is a prototype. But here some of the bugs when I try to use WIQ7 to control the Amp. The WIQ Powerswitch is not working, when I try to set the powerlimiter the WIQ software crash.

Regards Bob
kb@sirius-ag.net
SIRIUS AG, Germany

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 12:12 PM

Bob,

To upgrade the firmware on the USP-2 cards a Rom Chip needed to be replaced an the card flashed with the firmware on that chip.  You will have to get the firmware chips ordered from our parts department thruough our distributer there in Germany and they should be able to help you flash the new chips into the cards.

The amplifiers that are showing the funky "Y"(as we call it) and the ones not showing their date or serial number will need to be checked by the distributer there in Germany to see if the chip is just loose or not programmed. If it is not programmed we can tell them how to reprogram them.

I am checking with the I-Tech engineers but you probibly have an early prototype and the unit may need to be upgraded. I will get back as soon as I can find out anything.

You have me puzzled on the Access Violations Errors.
Our programming engineer is out of the office. As soon as he get's back I will check with him.

#6 KGring

KGring

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 12:19 PM

Bob,
Thanks for the information on the I-Tech. The issues all seem to be related to the prototype firmware. When IQ places the amplifier in stand-by, the lights do not turn off but the amplifier is actually going into stand-by. The production amplifiers and the release version of the firmware have already addressed these issues. Please feel free to contact me directly by email. I would like to get your full evaluation of the amplifier.
Thanks
Kevin
Kevin B. Gring
Crown Audio
kgring@crownintl.com

#7 bob

bob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 09:15 AM

Hi again,
I had talked to Jim Stemble during the Harman Roadshow here in Germany.

And our company have ordered a few I-Tech 8000.

Here a short and easy question for you guys about the VZ5002.
I would like to check the peak power voltage limiter settings of my PIP modules.

We are working on 230V 50Hz stereo ,
what the peak power voltage per channel at 4 ohms at a frequenzies range from 30Hz to 300Hz before distortion? Is it 96,75volts (2380w)?

what the peak power voltage per channel at 4 ohms at a frequenzies range from 100Hz to 2,5kHz before distortion? Is it 113,23volts (3205w)?

what the peak power voltage per channel at 4 ohms at a frequenzies range from 800Hz to 18kHz before distortion? Is it 72,11volts (1300w)?

Because the most bandpass of Vertecsystems are able to withstand more peakpowervoltage.
So the limiterpoints have to be the maximum of the power that a VZ5002 is able to produce undistored.

Thanx a lot
bob
kb@sirius-ag.net

#8 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 10:02 AM

Bob,

Sorry I don't have an answer for you on that. I don't know of anyone who has ever done any band pass specific peak voltage or peak power testing.

I have fowarded your request on to see if we can get an answer for you. I don't know if there is an answer but we shall see what we get.

#9 bob

bob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 10:53 AM

I am a little bit wondering about this answer.
So maybe this happend because of my english.

I have taken the watts values from the Macrotech Reference Manual Page 36 (Fig. 6.2 Maximum Power Matrix).

So maybe this helps to find the answer.

thanx again
Bob

#10 KWhitehead

KWhitehead

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 01:42 PM

Bob,

Going by that chart in the owners manaul those would be the maximum values to go by on the MA5K's. They are Single Cycle Tone Bursts at less teh .05% THD.

Kip

#11 CVice

CVice

Administrator

• Admin
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:37 AM

This topic moved from General area to Troubleshooting area
Chris Vice
PR & Web Coordinator
Crown International