K1/2 or other amp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MarshallRoss

MarshallRoss
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:02 PM

Hello all.  I've been playing the Chapman Stick for several years, and bought a Power Base-2 a long time ago.  Great amp, but the fan is really loud.  This isn't a problem if you're on stage playing with drums, but very annoying otherwise.  I'm particularly frustrated when I'm practicing at home.  2 questions:

Short of getting a new amp, is there anything I can do to eliminate the noisy fan?

If I get another amp, which of your offerings would be appropriate?  Needs to support stereo, and rated over 300 watts at 4 ohms, and be as quiet as possible.  The K-series appealed to me because it doesn't even have a fan, but perhaps there is something else.  Or, maybe the K1 is the ticket.  Since the stick spans both bass and guitar ranges, the amp should handle a wide frequency range, but I'm particularly interested in great bass response.

Also, how would it fit with the Bag End Bag End INFRA system, and a sub woofer, which is also a potential purchase of mine, though probably a ways off.  Thanks in advance.

Marshall

#2 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:35 PM

Having worked with some Stick and Warr Guitar players, I have learned that damping is extrememly important to getting a distinctive sound. So for these friends I have used my K2 and they have been really happy. So I would recommend the K2.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/