USM810 not found.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 on7tim7

on7tim7
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:57 AM

:(  We have a network of 18 smx-6 units for a few years now, and we are very happy with it. When ever we have to replace a unit it is very difficult to find a new one. We decide to purchase USM810 mixers to replace, little by little, each smx-6 that may need replaced. I am trying to configured the first 810 in my computer and after I connected it via RS232 the loop is checked but the unit is not found.  I am familiar with the old msx-6 units but not with this model. Could some one tell me what I am doing wrong, or what I am missing?. Thanks in advance.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 01:35 PM

Well..... Lets start with a few questions.

What version of the software are you using? You will need IQ for Windows 5.12

Are you using a Modem or a Null-Modem cable? We require the use of a Modem (straight through cable).

Do you have the SMX-6 units hooked up to The USM-810, via the IQ loop, or is it being setup stand-alone?

What exactly does the Discovery Window say when you try to run a Roll Call?

Do you have any TSR programs trying to use the serial port at the same time you are trying to run a roll? This would be like PDA software assigned to sink to the serial port of the computer or even our own IQ Net Server program if it is running. Look for these in the systems try in the lower Right of your Desktop next to the clock. These TSRs will not let anything else get to the serial port as they continually are looking at it.

#3 on7tim7

on7tim7
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 08:47 AM

:( First, yes I am using 5.12 software. Second, I have only one 810 unit (stand-alone) connected to the PC with a RS323 cable.  As a matter of fact, the unit is found when I run the 4.12 client software version instead the 5.12 version. This will give you a better idea of what is happening.

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 12:37 PM

The more information I have the better I am able to serve you. If you could call me here at Crown I will be glad to walk through the issue and try to resolve it faster than we can in this forum.

#5 on7tim7

on7tim7
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 10:32 AM

Would you send me your  telephone number and extension to my e-mail ( on7tim7@yahoo.com)? or just reply. Thank you.

#6 on7tim7

on7tim7
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 11:26 AM

:( Thank you Mr.Glass for all the help I received from you.  The problem is solved and I got the unit found by the program.  Your help, very professional. Thank you.

#7 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 04:20 PM

It is my pleasure to help and serve.  :(