• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gonzo

gonzo
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:34 PM

I have a couple of questions.

Clicking on the component image (I-Tech 6000), then Control Panels-Open Standard, then expanded to the Signal Path Tab, I can access both the Input and Output Sections.

On Input Section: What is the difference between "Analog Input 1 Peak Input Level" and "Input 1 Peak Input Level"  ?

On Output Section: What is the difference between "Channel 1 Output Level Fader" and "Channel 1 Output Attenuator"  ?

What is the difference between "Channel 1 Peak Output Level Meter" and "Amplifier Channel 1 Output Peak Output Level Meter"  ?

Are each of these really the same respective control or is there a subtle difference between then?

I have setup controls for a mute button and both peak input and average input. However, my Mute button only mutes the peak meter and not the average meter.  How can I assign it to both the peak meter and the average input meter?

On Peak Input meter I can set the Peak Detect to an Infinite Hold Time. This is working fine. Is there a control available that would allow me to setup a trigger button that would allow the user to reset the Peak manually or "clear" the Peak Indicator after it has reached Peak?

Thanks for your help. Working with this IQ software is really fun but I am struggling with the learning curve.

-Andres

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:28 PM

Q. On Input Section: What is the difference between "Analog Input 1 Peak Input Level" and "Input 1 Peak Input Level" ?

A. The Analog Input Level Meter is showing the Analog input level before the Input Sensitivity control only.
The Input Level Meters, depending on what the amp is set up to be getting as an input, could be showing either the Digital Input (Post Digital Input Fader) or the Analog Input (Post Input Sensitivity adjustment).

Q. On Output Section: What is the difference between "Channel 1 Output Level Fader" and "Channel 1 Output Attenuator" ?

A. I believe what you are talking about is the adjustment for output level on the Output section of the Signal Path page and the one main “Attenuation” on the main control panel below the polarity buttons. These are the same. If you move one up and down the other will track it.

Q. What is the difference between "Channel 1 Peak Output Level Meter" and "Amplifier Channel 1 Output Peak Output Level Meter"?

A. The Output Control – “Channel 1 Peak Output Level Meter” has a range of +20 db to -60 db and is the output audio drive level of the DSP card that is going to the amplifier’s amplification stage  (+20 being full DSP audio output)
The Amp Out - “Amplifier Channel 1 Out Peak Output Level Meter” has a range of -60 to 0 db and is the Output of the amplifier at the output terminals (Odb being Full Scale or amplifier full output).

Q. I have setup controls for a mute button and both peak input and average input. However, my Mute button only mutes the peak meter and not the average meter. How can I assign it to both the peak meter and the average input meter?

A. Muting a Meter???? blink.gif  The only thing I can think of is to create a Button (not a Trigger) and assign it to the input channel’s Analog Input Mute Enable function. This will mute the channel inputs shutting down both the Average and Peak meters for a channel.

Q. On Peak Input meter I can set the Peak Detect to an Infinite Hold Time. This is working fine. Is there a control available that would allow me to setup a trigger button that would allow the user to reset the Peak manually or "clear" the Peak Indicator after it has reached Peak?

A. There isn’t a way of shutting the Peak Detect Infinite Hold Time, of a Custom Control Screen meter object, off other than doing it in the Edit mode. A Custom Control Screen Meter is a software object, not an amplifier control object. Therefore the Infinite Hold Time is a software meter parameter not a controlled object.

I hope this helps.
smile.gif

#3 gonzo

gonzo
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Nov 3 2005, 04:28 PM)
Q. I have setup controls for a mute button and both peak input and average input. However, my Mute button only mutes the peak meter and not the average meter. How can I assign it to both the peak meter and the average input meter?

A. Muting a Meter???? blink.gif  The only thing I can think of is to create a Button (not a Trigger) and assign it to the input channel’s Analog Input Mute Enable function. This will mute the channel inputs shutting down both the Average and Peak meters for a channel.

By Muting the Meter I meant that you could visually see that the channel was indeed muted in that the meter showed no signal.

Thanks for the answers--that has helped allot.

-Andres