iTech Firmware 2.0 Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CustomKid

CustomKid
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:12 PM

This may be a reason you pulled the 2.0 firmware for the iTechs but I'm curious. Last night I was loading in for a show, just got everything wired and powered up the amps. My IT8000 powered up but the knobs didn't do anything, and the amp did not become ready. I could scroll through menus on the amp panel and select things with the knobs, but when I turned the knob, nothing would happen. Also in the display, information seemed to be missing from the IP readout, the Preset readout, and the firmware readout.

The interesting thing about the issue, I had a RJ45 loose on the rear of the amp, It doesn't want to lock in, new connector and all. When I plugged the connector all the way in, the amp finished booting and powered right up, If the network connection went down, it would shut off again. I have the amp set to a static IP with a static subnet and also running HiQnet System Architect. Any ideas on what is happening with this amp?  wink.gif

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:34 PM

Yep.......That would be why we pulled the firmware. sad.gif  
As long as there is a network connection everything would work but as soon as the network connection was removed the amp wouldn't work properly.  blink.gif
I am told we are supposed to have a new release sometime within the next week. biggrin.gif

#3 CustomKid

CustomKid
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:37 PM

Thanks David. I thought that is what it would be. I'll check back in the next couple of weeks for the new firmware. Until then I'll be sure to keep the RJ45 connected in the back. cool.gif