Pocket IQ for Palm OS

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rwhite@fielder.org

rwhite@fielder.org
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 09:06 PM

Are there development plans for programming a Pocket IQ that will run on the Palm OS? I've used Palms since the beginning and hate the idea of giving up my T3 for another unit.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:10 AM

The CE Platform was decided on because at the time of initial development the CE machines had faster processors, readily available wireless networking and better development tools.
We continually look at the market and if there is a swing in the direction of need and/or technologies then we can reevaluate the situation. At this time it is better felt to support one platform than to divide our development efforts.

#3 Xenochronicity

Xenochronicity
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Feb 12 2004, 09:10 AM)
TWe continually look at the market and if there is a swing in the direction of need and/or technologies then we can reevaluate the situation. At this time it is better felt to support one platform than to divide our development efforts.

Any chance of a Mac version? I have a Mac based DJ system (along with a few other folks) and it's a real pain to haul a PC along to the gigs for the IT amps too. (EAW LA325 EAW SB528r - IT4k & 8k) sad.gif

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 09:34 AM

There are no plans to get into the MAC OS platform. Although the MAC is a great operating system and used a lot in Studios for sound and video editing the demand in the Professional Audio market is still for PC based software.

#5 rwhite@fielder.org

rwhite@fielder.org
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:22 PM

Regarding development of an IQ based control using the Palm OS, I've noticed that there have been over 950 'views' of this question. Do you think that it might be time to revisit develpment for the Palm?

#6 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE(Xenochronicity @ Sep 30 2004, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE(DGlass @ Feb 12 2004, 09:10 AM)
TWe continually look at the market and if there is a swing in the direction of need and/or technologies then we can reevaluate the situation. At this time it is better felt to support one platform than to divide our development efforts.

Any chance of a Mac version? I have a Mac based DJ system (along with a few other folks) and it's a real pain to haul a PC along to the gigs for the IT amps too. (EAW LA325 EAW SB528r - IT4k & 8k) sad.gif
View Post

I was recently visiting with clients that are using SoftPC on a Macintosh laptop to control their Itech and other TCP/IQ components. Perhaps this would also solve your issue.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#7 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(rwhite@fielder.org @ Feb 3 2005, 10:22 PM)
Regarding development of an IQ based control using the Palm OS, I've noticed that there have been over 950 'views' of this question. Do you think that it might be time to revisit develpment for the Palm?
View Post

Please see the response I posted to your Poll Question. http://www.crownaudio.com/forums/index.php...&st=0&#entry632
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/