Crown ce2000 and Ma2402

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 roburn

roburn
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:40 PM

Hi- I know you have answered similar post a hundred times i'm sure but some great advice will be greatly appreciated once again--I have 2 ce 2000's  and 1 -ma 2402 along with a xls-602. I was using 2-ev sb180 subs (8ohm) each on the 2402 bridged. I was using 2-ev T-251+'s also 8ohm cabinets (400 watts) subs are 600 watts each. I was running the t-251's in stereo mode with one ce-2000. I'm running mono into a ashley passive crossover with the tops full range and crossing over at 80 hz. The other ce2000 and xls-602 are running monitors(4). I had a chance to buy 4 new speakers at a great deal due to jbl discontinuing the srx series. I bought 2 nos. sr4731x's(2-12's/horn/1200watts) and 2 nos srx4719x's(2-18's/1200watts) Great deal till now i'm way underpowered but have used the system with the amps i have but now must make a big decision on what to add or sell to make my setup work right on the least amount of current draw from clubs. we are a old rock/blues/wkend band with above average outboard gear so? Do i start from scratch or? I would love to get at least 2 i-tech 4000's but not sure if i can swing them right now but?? I could add another 2402 and bridge one each on the subs but that adds more current draw-Bridge a ce-2000 for each top and add another small amp for 2 monitors. Will the ce 2000's work for the tops and concentrate on getting the subs right or should i get another 2402 and use them on the tops and buy new amps for the subs and use the 2-ce2000's on the monitors. Sell the ce2000's and 2402 and get 2 itech's if anyway possible??? Sorry for the long post but wanted you to know as much as possible about what i'm dealing with. It seems that everyone says the 2402's need the most current to run at there best and that seems to be a problem in most places we play though we don't trip breakers but i know we compromise the current going to the poweramps!!--Thanks so much in advance!!!

#2 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:44 AM

In order to be able to comment on this question with some intelligence, what is the main use of the sytem? Is it a voice only system is it for DJ use at parties, is it for a band....
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#3 roburn

roburn
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE(Brad Benn @ Oct 25 2005, 09:44 AM)
In order to be able to comment on this question with some intelligence, what is the main use of the sytem? Is it a voice only system is it for DJ use at parties, is it for a band....
View Post

It's used for a wkend old rock/blues etc. band-We are as old(older) as the music! Ha!-Thanks!