crown i-tech

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 carlhenry01

carlhenry01
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:09 PM

Hi, New to this forum but here goes.I have just bought an i-tech 4000, much to powerful to be wasted on my peavey 1015s.I want to use 2 bass cabs and 2 tops.can anybody recommend what speakers I should go for with a medium budget and also a top of the class selection.Many thanks,Carl. sad.gif

#2 guyofsound

guyofsound

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE(carlhenry01 @ Oct 13 2005, 06:09 PM)
Hi, New to this forum but here goes.I have just bought an i-tech 4000, much to powerful to be wasted on my peavey 1015s.I want to use 2 bass cabs and 2 tops.can anybody recommend what speakers I should go for with a medium budget and also a top of the class selection.Many thanks,Carl. sad.gif
View Post

alot of different speakers to choose from. The new Wharfedale pro LX series are very nice at a very reasonable price and they sound great.

#3 CustomKid

CustomKid
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE(carlhenry01 @ Oct 13 2005, 12:09 PM)
View Post

Depending on your budget, I'd either recommend JBL MPro line or SRX700 Line. The MPro 400 series have some pretty rugged tops and some really nice sounding subs. There's also a dual 15" sub that has some pretty good output. The SRX700 series is all just good sounding. The single 15" top sings on an ITech. The single 18" sub is one of the best sounding and highest output sub i've used for it's size and weight. It all depends on the application. This is just a recommendation based on amp and budget. Shop around and find something that appeals to you. Good Hunting! cool.gif

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 09:17 AM

With the wide variety of speakers available, the differences in their sound quality, power requirements, features and pricing we we cannot tell you what speakers to select.

You can however use the guidelines mentioned in other postings for "amplifier selection" to help in the power selection of the speakers so you don't under power or over power them to much. At that point it would be a matter of personal likes/dislikes, availability and price.  smile.gif