• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 steve

steve
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:46 PM

Hi,

Im creating a new Patch-Pannel for our I-tech Racks (4xIT4000). I was wondering if I can link the regular Input with the digital AES-Input. So I can use one XLR (110 ohm) cable for both ?!? The I-Tech has the option to select the Input-Mode, but does the other Input cause any proplems even if it isnt selected, one way or the other ?

Next question:

I played a bit with the system-architect, but I was not very satisfied with it. Some of the new features are quite cool, like resizing groups of objects, eq-gain to fader otion and the whole outfit, etc...
what I am missing is editing a group of amps with just one amp-pannel, not just gain delay etc... I also did not like the new way of adressing objects, espacially if you have groups of amps...

what is coming next ? Are you just working on HQ-Net, or will there be new versions of IQ-Wic ? what are the upcoming features ??

Again sorry for my english

Greetings
Stefan

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:24 AM

Although the analog and digital inputs shouldn't interfere with each other it's not a good idea to use the same cable to both. If you should forget how it was setup or someone uses the system that doesn't know whats going on-it could be disastrous to your speakers to get full level AES digital because the amp wasnt switched over to the digital input.