adding amps

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 binsoy25

binsoy25
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:07 PM

Hi. I'm planning of adding my subs. My existing set up on the subs is that I have 2 pairs of SP 118x powered by CE 2000 amps (in bridge mode) one amp on each pair. One pair in the left and the other pair in the right (stereo set up). Now if I add another 2 pairs of the SP 118X and 2 CE 2000 how should I connect the additional amps. I could no longer connect it to the electronic crossover there's no more output for the low end. Thanks.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:47 AM

You could either use an XLR "Y" cable to jumper two amps togather or you could use the barrier strip above the XLR intputs of the amps to jumper the channel 1 +/- of one amp to channel 1 +/- of the next. Then plug into either one of the two amplifier's Ch1 XLR input from the xover. This jumper will then feed the signal to the other amplifier's ch1 input. biggrin.gif

#3 binsoy25

binsoy25
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:31 AM

Is this what you mean, connect two amps together thru their barrier strips located above the xlr inputs). The +/- of ch 1 on the 1st amp wired to the 1 +/- ch 1 of the 2nd amp. I will give you an example  how i would connect the additional amp in my set up as what i had understand in your explaination. (Note: this ex. is for one side only i'm using two crossovers one per side). From the x'over's low output to the ch 1 input (xlr) of the 1st amp(bridge mode) then I tap the second amp(bridge mode) by wiring the two amps thru their respective input barrier strips as explained aboved. Am I right? Thanks again and more power.

Note:

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE(binsoy25 @ Oct 11 2005, 02:31 AM)
Is this what you mean, connect two amps together thru their barrier strips located above the xlr inputs). The +/- of ch 1 on the 1st amp wired to the 1 +/- ch 1 of the 2nd amp. I will give you an example  how i would connect the additional amp in my set up as what i had understand in your explaination. (Note: this ex. is for one side only i'm using two crossovers one per side). From the x'over's low output to the ch 1 input (xlr) of the 1st amp(bridge mode) then I tap the second amp(bridge mode) by wiring the two amps thru their respective input barrier strips as explained aboved. Am I right? Thanks again and more power.

Note:
View Post

That would be how to do it. smile.gif
Basically the barrier strips are like having a second input connections connected to each XLR input. So........ by jumpering from one amp's ch1 barrier strip connections to the second amp's ch1 barrier strip connection the signal from the first amps XLR is sent to the second. biggrin.gif