bridged mode

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 binsoy25

binsoy25
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 01:19 PM

Hi. Let's say i have a little knowledge about sound system but this time I do need the advise of the authorities.  I just bought 2 units of CE 2000 and 4 units of peavey SP 118x enclosures (8ohms/cab). Somebody told me that each pair of the cabs will be driven by one amp set in bridged mode which seems right as far as the amp's power output in relation to the cab's wattage is concern. I also bought a 4- conductor speaker cable and 4-pin speakon connector. I wanted to wire the two cabs in parallel to be feed to the amp switch to bridged mode . This is how i would like to wire/connect them and please correct me if i'm doing it the wrong way. With my 4-conductor speaker cable i connect the 2 wires, with the use of a speakon, to one cab and the other 2 to the other cab. On the other end of the cable i put together the two positives and connect it to the pin 1+ pf the speakon while the two negatives into the pin 2+ of the same spakon. Now if i connect it to the amp's speaker output, is my pin assignment on speakon matches to the pin assigment of the amp's speaker output? Your advise to this request means a lot. Thank you and more power.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:11 PM

In Bridge-Mono the two amp channels are combined to make one big Mono amp. The two speaker line conductors would be connected to the Channel 1 + and the Channel 2 + output terminals. (CH1+ being the positive speaker line and CH2+ being the negative speaker line)

You will only need two of the four conductors in you 4-conductor speaker wire. The Channel 1 Speakon on the CE series amplifiers has both channel 1 (on pins 1+/1- and channel 2 on pins 2+/2-). For Bridge-Mono the Speakon connector on the amp end would only be connected to Pin1+ and Pin 2+ of the channel 1 Speakon only. Mark this end as the "AMP END ONLY"

The Speakon at the speaker end of the cable would be wired to the two PINs  corresponding to the speakers input pin configuration to get sound to the speakers (usually pins 1+ and 1-). A jumper cable would then jumper two boxes together.

#3 binsoy25

binsoy25
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:41 PM

Hi. Did you mean that on the amp end of the speaker line the positive will be wired/assigned to the pin 1+ of the speakon and the negative on the pin 2+ of the same speakon?

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(binsoy25 @ Oct 5 2005, 04:41 PM)
Hi. Did you mean that on the amp end of the speaker line the positive will be wired/assigned to the pin 1+ of the speakon and the negative on the pin 2+ of the same speakon?
View Post

That is correct.  biggrin.gif
Below is a link to our Speakon Guide: http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/126986.pdf

#5 binsoy25

binsoy25
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:58 PM

Thank you so much. You staff people of crown audio are really great. keep up the good work.