I techs. who has them and what do you use them for

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dj Foxx

Dj Foxx
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:19 PM

Ok, I know this may be kinda a stupid discussion, Because we All know what amps do. But I have seen alot of topics on these Itechs and I know by just reading the specs that these are NOT regular amps. I mean come on! 8000 watts!!! and it seems that ALOT of people have some. So I was just wondering if anyone would like to share who they are and what they do with them. I would greatly appreciate it!!! biggrin.gif  Also to the crown reps, It has come to my attention that these amps are very popular. PLEASE PLEASE!!!! Do not discontinue or change the style of the Macro-Techs. I LOVE them (esp. that 5000vz) and I want to purchase some day With the old logo.THANKS!!! Benji

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:09 PM

We have I-Techs being used for just about everything from Churches, DJ, Live Concert Sound, Corporate Sound to Fixed Installs like stadiums and arenas. today's high performance loudspeakers need additional voltage drive to really come alive. I-Techs feature the highest output-voltage

Providing on board DSP eliminates some outboard processing gear as well as adds security that settings will not easily be changed.

By networking the amplifiers they can have their DSP programmed through a GUI software interface as well as be monitored and controlled all from a networked computer. While the front panel LCD screen provides two valuable benefits never before seen on a professional amplifier: fast and easy menu based setup and full amplifier diagnostics.

I-Tech amplifiers also use an innovative Regulated Switch-Mode Power Supply with
PFC (power factor correction) which allows them to put out their massive amounts of power with only a 20 amp power cord as well as deliver full power regardless of the AC line voltage: from 120 to 277 volts, and from 50 to 60 Hz.

Now that you have the manufacturing discription of the ITechs we would also love to hear from our customers as to how they are using their I-Techs.  biggrin.gif

#3 helicool

helicool

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:02 AM

I use them every day for just about everything.... I'm amazed how much output I get from 3x IT4000's running 4x EAW JFX-560 biamped + 4x LA400 subs -

The end result is a system that does well for up to 1000 people indoors & out that typically draws well under 20A!

#4 CustomKid

CustomKid
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:47 AM

Our company has a rack of 5, soon to be 6, iTech Amps. 2x4000, 2x6000, and 1x8000. The rack typically goes out powering either SRX725 or VRX932LA with SRX718s for subs. The rack is setup in straight stereo, 2 top outputs for Left, 2 for right and 1 sub for each left and right. On light shows, we've used 4 SRX725 and 4 SRX718s per side for a nice event that doesn't require driving subbass. For louder shows, 2 tops and 4 subs per side seems to be the magic combo. The rack also has no problem running 16 VRX932LA with a small cube of subs for delays, front fills, or mains, depending on the situation. We've made the rack stand alone, with full wireless network and LAN interconnect, and it all runs on a single power connector(NEMA L21-30).  It's become such a popular amp rack that we've decided to begin to retire the thought of processors to individual amps. We're slowly working on making all of our amplifiers iTech.

...Know anybody who wants to buy Crest Pro 7001 or 8001 amplifiers? cool.gif

#5 Dj Foxx

Dj Foxx
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE(CustomKid @ Oct 12 2005, 03:47 AM)
Our company has a rack of 5, soon to be 6, iTech Amps. 2x4000, 2x6000, and 1x8000. The rack typically goes out powering either SRX725 or VRX932LA with SRX718s for subs. The rack is setup in straight stereo, 2 top outputs for Left, 2 for right and 1 sub for each left and right. On light shows, we've used 4 SRX725 and 4 SRX718s per side for a nice event that doesn't require driving subbass. For louder shows, 2 tops and 4 subs per side seems to be the magic combo. The rack also has no problem running 16 VRX932LA with a small cube of subs for delays, front fills, or mains, depending on the situation. We've made the rack stand alone, with full wireless network and LAN interconnect, and it all runs on a single power connector(NEMA L21-30).  It's become such a popular amp rack that we've decided to begin to retire the thought of processors to individual amps. We're slowly working on making all of our amplifiers iTech.

View Post

I have heard of Wireless mics but as far as sound went I thought that was as far as we were going to go. That is great, less wires, less setup time. Now I want Motorola( best in two-way comms.) and Crown to team up and make the best wireless network ever!

#6 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(Dj Foxx @ Oct 12 2005, 02:13 PM)
Our company has a rack of 5, soon to be 6, iTech Amps. 2x4000, 2x6000, and 1x8000. The rack typically goes out powering either SRX725 or VRX932LA with SRX718s for subs. The rack is setup in straight stereo, 2 top outputs for Left, 2 for right and 1 sub for each left and right. On light shows, we've used 4 SRX725 and 4 SRX718s per side for a nice event that doesn't require driving subbass. For louder shows, 2 tops and 4 subs per side seems to be the magic combo. The rack also has no problem running 16 VRX932LA with a small cube of subs for delays, front fills, or mains, depending on the situation. We've made the rack stand alone, with full wireless network and LAN interconnect, and it all runs on a single power connector(NEMA L21-30).  It's become such a popular amp rack that we've decided to begin to retire the thought of processors to individual amps. We're slowly working on making all of our amplifiers iTech.

View Post

I have heard of Wireless mics but as far as sound went I thought that was as far as we were going to go. That is great, less wires, less setup time. Now I want Motorola( best in two-way comms.) and Crown to team up and make the best wireless network ever!
View Post

The Wireless LAN Custom Kid is talking about is for control/monitoring and setup of the I-Techs. Currently "wireless" networks are still a little slow for the distribution of audio. biggrin.gif

#7 CustomKid

CustomKid
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Oct 12 2005, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE(Dj Foxx @ Oct 12 2005, 02:13 PM)

View Post

View Post

The Wireless LAN Custom Kid is talking about is for control/monitoring and setup of the I-Techs. Currently "wireless" networks are still a little slow for the distribution of audio. biggrin.gif
View Post

Yes, Wireless LAN, sorry for the possible confusion. Just a 8 port switch by Linksys and a WAP54G by Linksys. low cost solution with great results!

#8 PROSNDJ

PROSNDJ
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:33 PM

biggrin.gif Hello !!!!!! I am a AJ and i just got 4 IT8000 and 2 IT4000 to run 16 JBL
SRX728S and 8 SRX725 and i just love the IT's in every aspect  I mean all Crown
products are outstanding but the ITech's made my life easier . Dont be alarmed
me being a DJ i also do sound for live bands . The best thing about it and i have a kick out of it , i can see my amps and their performance from the FOH about 150 feet away from a laptop and able to do any ajustments i want needless to say they
are very light and i am able to put all my amps in the same rack with alot more power without worries what so ever . Well bottom line if anyone can afford these
amps i will not recommend anything else
QUOTE(DGlass @ Oct 4 2005, 04:09 PM)
We have I-Techs being used for just about everything from Churches, DJ, Live Concert Sound, Corporate Sound to Fixed Installs like stadiums and arenas. today's high performance loudspeakers need additional voltage drive to really come alive. I-Techs feature the highest output-voltage

Providing on board DSP eliminates some outboard processing gear as well as adds security that settings will not easily be changed.

By networking the amplifiers they can have their DSP programmed through a GUI software interface as well as be monitored and controlled all from a networked computer. While the front panel LCD screen provides two valuable benefits never before seen on a professional amplifier: fast and easy menu based setup and full amplifier diagnostics.

I-Tech amplifiers also use an innovative Regulated Switch-Mode Power Supply with
PFC (power factor correction) which allows them to put out their massive amounts of power with only a 20 amp power cord as well as deliver full power regardless of the AC line voltage: from 120 to 277 volts, and from 50 to 60 Hz.

Now that you have the manufacturing discription of the ITechs we would also love to hear from our customers as to how they are using their I-Techs.  biggrin.gif
View Post

#9 Klark

Klark
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:14 AM

I own a total of 8 now.  Two 4000's running mids.  Two 6000's running subs.  And four more 4000's which run four biamped mixes, or eight passive mixes.

I'm still running my highs with Ma1200's, but I'm about to order two CTs600's since Crown won't make a I-Tech 2000.  I'd really like my main racks to be loaded with all I-Techs, but I just can't afford another pair of 4000's to run some little 2" drivers.