HiQ-net firmware upgrade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gustav01

Gustav01
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 03:53 AM

I just upgraded some of our I-tecs with the new V2 firmware that's intended to be used with IQwic8 and System architect. First of all I must compliment you guys on working out a better filter section. I feel it's much better defined and better laid out than V1.3. One problem I have is recalling an older dataframe. All data gets carried over smoothly except for the filters. I suppose all of this has to do with the new filter layout of V2. The only problem is that I've got a heck of a lot of presets all with various filters. And as you know upgrading firmware erases all presets.How can I overcome this problem without having  to manually redo all of the presets and filters.

#2 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE(Gustav01 @ Sep 21 2005, 03:53 AM)
I just upgraded some of our I-tecs with the new V2 firmware that's intended to be used with IQwic8 and System architect. First of all I must compliment you guys on working out a better filter section. I feel it's much better defined and better laid out than V1.3. One problem I have is recalling an older dataframe. All data gets carried over smoothly except for the filters. I suppose all of this has to do with the new filter layout of V2. The only problem is that I've got a heck of a lot of presets all with various filters. And as you know upgrading firmware erases all presets.How can I overcome this problem without having  to manually redo all of the presets and filters.
View Post

Glad that you like the new version of the filter layout. You are correct about the filters moving over differently. We are in the process of testing ways to move the information over smoothly, without having to manually enter the information.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#3 Gustav01

Gustav01
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:48 AM

I found a long way around the problem of copying filters across. It looks like the programmers s*beep*ped the Band eq filters and Bandpass filters across. The reason for me saying this is that if I manually copy the filters across from a V1.3 preset after the sine generator to a V2 Bandpass filter all the filters appear to be allocated correctly. At least this will give the programmers an indication of what to fix. Hopefully we wont need to wait a few months to get this fixed as I have lots of clients amps to upgrade.

By the way, why wasn't there been any new display firmware released with the V2 DSP Firmware. The Clip and thermal error reporting log clear that's been s*beep*ped around on the current version is really annoying.

Another question - There are 3 extra files in the firmware folder you supplied us, Italdr.BIN, ITA200.IOF and ITC200.IOF. What are these files for?

Thanks for a great amp in any case.