CS1200

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sixstring

Sixstring
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:20 AM

I am doing an install using CTs series Amps. The FOH will use a 2000, the Subs a 3000, the monitors 2, 1200's and the downfill and frontfill using a 600. I am connecting two pair of speakers (8 Ohm), 2 down fills and 2 front fills,  to the CTs 600. There will be one signal for the fills coming from the A&H mixer, passing through a BSS Soundweb 3088.  Can I connect the speakers at the amp terminal strip output together? 2 positive speaker wires with terminal forks together & two negative speaker wires with terminal forks on channel one, then the same for channel two? I normally  would connect speaker to speaker for channel one, then speaker to speaker for channel two but the wiring is home run back to the amp rack from each fill. Is it ok to combine the terminals together at the amp? Also would the correct setting be "Daul Mode", "Y" on?
Thanks,
Six

#2 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:24 AM

Given the description, you will be fine paralleling the speakers at the terminal blocks. Also you would use the "Y" to send the signal to both channels.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/