CTs 600
(300W into 8 Ohms per channel)
Mids:
Cts 2000
(1000W into 8 Ohms per channel)
Lows:
Cts 2000
(1000W into 8 Ohms per channel)

For clarification, this configuation would require 1 x CTs 600 and 2 x CTs 2000's.

Are these amps appropriately sized?  Is there a better Crown amplifier for this job?  The Mid and Low frequency drivers handle 800W RMS.  Would the CTs 1200 or CTs 3000 be better solutions?

I understand the concept of 3dB of headroom.  My main concern is mechanical stress on the speakers (longevity, xmax, linearity).  This is my concern for how to size the amplifier.

Also of note, the design will use a DBX 234XL to crossover the system.

All advice is appreciated!!! Thanks!

-Chris

#2 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 11:26 AM

Without knowing the type of music you are going to be playing, part of this is conjecture. However I would recommend going to the CTs3000 so that you can have higher peaks when needed.

You may also want to look at the MA3600 as well as they are more aimed at touring and have a stiffer chassis then the CTs.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#3 ProDJ

ProDJ
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for the reply.  This system would primarily be used for mobile djing.  Lightweight and stiff are great, but my major concern is sizing the power rating correctly.  Ultra-high SPL is not neccessarily the goal.  I worry about mechanically wearing out the subwoofers.

How about for the high frequency drivers?  They take 75W RMS.  Is the CTs 600 a good option for them or is there a better choice?

#4 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:26 AM

The CTs600 would be a fine choice for the high frequency drivers.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/