MA-3600VZ Blown Fuse

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DJPEP

DJPEP
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:25 AM

I had a generator briefly send 220v to my Macrotech 3600vz amp mad.gif . The amp will no longer turn on. I was told there is an internal fuse to protect against this type of accidental voltage spike. What size fuse is it and where is it located inside the amp. I was hoping to fix this myself, so I wouldn't have to bring it to my repair center. I need the amp this weekend!
Thanks,

Phil

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 09:08 AM

If nothing else was damage there is a 1A 3AG 250v fuse on the power supply board. With the top removed from the amplifier and looking at the inside, from the front, there will be a circuit board behind the two transformers. The fuse will be on the far left hand side of the board.
Caution: Due to voltages stored inside the amplifier extreme care should be taken when replacing the fuse. If you can not discharge the amplifier leave it unplugged and turned off for a day or two to reduce the risk of potential electrical shock.
If replacing the fuse doesn't get the amplifier back up and running properly it will need to be serviced.

#3 DJPEP

DJPEP
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 01:20 AM

DGlass,
Thanks for the input! The amp is fixed and working GREAT! Thanks to Crown for the fuse protecting the input surge!
Thanks,

Phil