parametric eq

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ericels

ericels
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:25 PM

Using IQwic, can I make a master EQ that will control each of the amplifiers eq?

#2 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:17 PM

Yes, there are many ways to do this task, however the easiest way to accomplish this task is to create a master control panel.

A master control panel allows one to group items quickly and easily. To create a master control:

1) Select the items you want to control
2) Right click with the items controlled and select Control Panels > Instant New Masters > Both Channels (or select the proper channels)
3) You will be prompted for a name for the master control panel, please provide one
4) A new window will appear, click the yellow button to expand the window and then select Filters

You can also reopen this master control panel by right clicking on any device icon in the workplace. Also for the Instant New Masters menu one can also edit the group members via a text interface as well.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#3 ericels

ericels
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:05 PM

O.K. That sounds good.  I will try that and go from there.

#4 rezsbc

rezsbc

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:17 AM

Just tried this and it looks very usefull I had been dreading having to modify each amp separately if I change something on the EQ/X-Over etc.

One question though the display when you set a master control is not as nice as the one for each amp...at least not when you create it the way you descibe.  Is there any way to have a master control for several ITech's with the display like this:

Thanks for any info!!

Cathal.

#5 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 02:59 PM

The reason for the difference between the two views is two fold.

1) To clearly indicate that one is controlling a group of amplifiers
2) The graphical display can not display differences in settings. A user can set items to different values, such as different amount of gain on filter #3 in different amplifers. This ends up with the graph view being unusable. That is the reason for a "table" mode.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#6 rezsbc

rezsbc

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 04:52 AM

Ok...thanks for the reply Brad...

I can make do with the table view....if you are considering improvements to IQWic could I suggest a similar graph-style view to be implemented on a master control...personally I use multiple ITech's to power the same speakers and I'd always apply the filters in precisely the same config on each one.