Where to buy Crown audio parts for Holland?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Patlover1983

Patlover1983

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

Hello Crown audio folks,

I have a question and hope some one can help me.For my crown amps (several XTi and CDi models) i need parts.

I contacted AudioXL in Belgium but this is not an option (anymore). I have tried several times to email and call but they are so slow (it took a month only to get pricing information and i recieve it only from some parts) i don't have the faith in it anymore. At this time they don't even communicate anymore with me! I need the amplifiers very soon.

Does anybody know a second address for buying crown amp parts?

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:21 AM

Have you tried your neighboring countries such as the UK or Germany, even give the US Crown support a call. If the European reps are slow responders then parts from the US would reach you much faster. Just give them a call, they are pretty efficient guys.
Avi

#3 Patlover1983

Patlover1983

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

Hello Dakos,

Thank you for answerring. 2 Days ago i have send an email to the German distributor, Pro-Audio Heilbronn, but at this time i'm still waiting for response.
This mornng i called AudioXL in Belgium again, and this time they promised to give the pricing information for all the parts i needed soon.
If this is gonna work,i shall try to order all the parts from the distributor in the UK or maybe France.

Thanks!

#4 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

Hello Patlover,

Do you request any help with your 'repairs'? If necessary, create a new topic in the Troubleshooting section! :)
Most replacement components for the XTI and CDI models can be found at electronic components distributors.
Let me know which components you need! I'll see if there is a general replacement part.

Alain

#5 Patlover1983

Patlover1983

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

Hello Alain,

I need some specific parts, like parts from the housing en someting like that. I also need a SMPS coil for a crown K2, have one with 2 windings make in short.
These are parts that can only buy from Crown. The electronical parts are for 99% available from component distributors like Mouser or Farnell, just iike you said.

#6 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

The SMPS coil, is that the 8 pin transformer at the SMPS output? And, what other specific parts are needed?

#7 Patlover1983

Patlover1983

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

Hello Alain,

The K2 transformer that you mentioned is the one i mean. It has a short between 2 windings.

For the XTi and CDi amps i need parts that are been lost during a movement. The amplifiers
where listed on the 'to do' list for a long time.

I need the following parts:
2 Complete CDi4000 mainboard Assys (I have 2 of this amplifiers that looks like new, but the PCB's have been damaged due to a fire)
12 screws for the top cover (for 4 amplifiers)
1 push rod for the on/off switch for a CDi4000 amplifier
5 screws for the AC inlet
3 foam sheets (the sheets with adhensive tape on the aluminium heat sinks)
1 XTi4000 front panel

Does anybody know if its possible to order a seperate LCD display (not the complete PWA)?
One of the XTi LCD displays has a damage (spots that has the same color as the letters/symbols of the display)

Thank you!

#8 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

It is possible that the companies you're dealing with in Europe have no stock of the items described! Though, I find it not very responsible or professionnal of a distributor not to return a call.

Avi mentionned earlier to give Crown a call :
Crown's Technical Support Group staff is available to assist you. You can contact staff members directly via email, or by telephone between the hours of 9:00am and 7:00pm (Eastern Standard Time), Monday through Thursday; 9:00AM to  5:00PM on Friday. at 1-800-342-6939 toll-free in North America, or 1-574-294-8200.

Alain

#9 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

Crown's Technical Support Group staff is available to assist you. You can contact staff members directly via email, or by telephone between the hours of 9:00am and 7:00pm (Eastern Standard Time), Monday through Thursday; 9:00AM to  5:00PM on Friday. at 1-800-342-6939 toll-free in North America, or 1-574-294-8200.

#10 Patlover1983

Patlover1983

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

Hello Alain (and others ofcourse),

After a nice conversation with the distributor it looks like they have speed up
the ordering process. The promised that the parts wil be deliverd in this or next week.

I also found a second source for parts (in the UK) so if i need some parts in the future
i can ordered it over there!

When i recieve the parts i let you know!

#11 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

There you go! :)

Alain

#12 Patlover1983

Patlover1983

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:37 AM

Hello every one,

at this time some parts are delivered, some still not. So its waiting for this parts.

#13 Patlover1983

Patlover1983

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:35 PM

Last week i recieved the last part (the K2 transformer) so the order is completed now. If you want something good it takes a lot of time :D :D :D

#14 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:07 PM

Great! Now start pumping sound! :)

A.