corwn xti 4002 display seems low line

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gopal127

Gopal127
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

i am from india i have a crown xti 4002 ,  on display low line what i do . plz replay me

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

Would be helpful if you can elaborate on what's "low line in the display", post a picture is preferable.
You can go to tinypic.com and upload it there and post the link you get.
Avi

#3 Gopal127

Gopal127
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

there's link   http://tinypic.com/r/30ijm21/8 amplifier fault from input section and drop that -/+15 volt and than 5volt supply .

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

If I'm not mistaken the "LOW LINE" message shoes up when the voltage of the grid falls below 10% of what the amps PSU was rated for. Again if I'm not mistaken, to clear that message you'll need to reset the amp. Do you have stable grid voltage in your area or not?

http://billfitzmauri...t=12558&start=0
Avi

#5 Gopal127

Gopal127
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

how to reset amp..

#6 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

I know of two reasons why there would be a LOW LINE message :
  • low AC input voltage : If the voltage goes below a certain threshold (-10% of max);
  • low rail voltages : If the output section rail voltages go below a certain threshold.

In the first case, there is nothing to do except perhaps, use a power conditionner. In the second case, there may be an output fault causing the rail voltage to go down. This can be caused by a malfunction of the Cequel Tracker module (rail level changer).

To test, use a reliable power source. If the LOW LINE appears after power up, with no loads applied, then verify the AC voltage and confirm that the voltage is too low.
If the AC voltage is normal, and LOW LINE doesn't appear, then load the amp and pass some signal. If the LOW LINE now appears, then you may have an output or smps fault.
Verify the output rails : Both negative and positive rails (at the heatsinks) should be at the same voltage. Normally, with no signal applied, the rail voltages should be near +/- 30V. When the rails conduct in high power mode, the voltage can reach 120V!

Hope this helps!

A.