ma 5000i data light ready light system architect

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DJSlyfox

DJSlyfox
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

The data light on one of my  ma-5000i keeps blinking whether or not an ethernet cable is connected via a laptop. Also, with this problem, the amplifier powers on, but the green ready light remains off as well as the green signal light is off when a signal is present. I tried connecting the amplifier via system architecture but i receive no communication/control.

#2 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

Hi,

You may have a problem with the internal processor unit. Please have an authorized Crown service center take a look at the unit.

Alain

#3 DJSlyfox

DJSlyfox
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

thanks man, will look into it if there are no other solutions.

#4 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:58 PM

You may try something else : (If you don't mind losing the presets!)
Find the Reset/Next pin-hole, located between the two rear external indicator lights near the network connector.

Cycle the power (Power off-power on);
Try inserting a pin and make a single contact. Sometimes, a corrupted 'working memory' is lingering and a recall may be necessary.
If this doesn't work :Turn unit off; Press a pin through the hole and make contact with the mini-switch;
Power up : Keep pin pressed for approximately 30 secs and release. Cycle power;

Hopefully, this may have revived the amp! If not, then the API module may be faulty. :-(

Alain

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ma 5000i, data light, ready light, system architect