running 4 monitors in stereo off my crown XTi 400

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 d00nNtune

d00nNtune
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

I just can't get it to work. The speakers are jbl jrx 100 with 500 max and I run a cable one speaker then to the next in stereo 2 to each side, why can't I get that to work ? In the topic it should say XTi 4000

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:13 PM

What do you mean "not able to make it work"?  Is it not loud enough? Can you make both channels work with one speaker on each channel?
Avi

#3 d00nNtune

d00nNtune
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:13 AM

It seemed to work for awhile, but not loud enuff....so I tried to program something in...and at one point it seemed the volume knobs weren't working--meaning they didn't control the volume...even tho there was sound coming thru the speakers..which was very confusing...I don't believe I've ever got this amp to work correctly...so my real question is 2 part. Can I run the Xti 4000 with 4 speakers-JBL JXR 100 (2 out of each channel) in stereo? What do I dial in for that to work DSP off? or what?
I thought I put in Stereo...and everything else just off....but it didn't produce any sound...this is very frustrating ! I can't bridge it because it seems to be a lot of power and I'm afraid of roasting my speakers that can only handle 500 watts...what am I doing wrong or can it be done ?

#4 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

The XTI4000 is a powerful amp. As you suggest, I would start by dialing in the DSP OFF preset. This causes the DSP to default to its nominal parameters.
Can you get the amp to go to clipping? If yes, is it loud enough now? If you can't get the unit to clip then you may not have enough signal levels.
If not, verify the output cables : The cables may not be adequate for the power involved.
If you still can't get enough 'juice' then perhaps the unit is at fault!
A.

#5 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

I think you might have locked the display...

Look here for the solution:
http://www.crownaudi...?showtopic=3860
Avi

#6 d00nNtune

d00nNtune
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

Thanks being locked out is the only thing that makes sense now !