• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 deepcitypro

deepcitypro
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

HI,
I need a perfect setting for my Crown and JBL JRX combination.
I have 2 Xti 2000 2 JBL JRX 115,118,125

I'm getting weak response after playing for a few hours, and start to distort.

Please Help, Thanks.

#2 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

Could the problem be thermally related? Did you see any constant Clipping or Thermal indicators lit on the front panel? Was the fan operating normally? What are the boxes and impedances applied per amp-channel?
Did one or both amps appear problematic and if affirmative, what were their loads?
What is your definition of a 'weak' response and how did you perceive that you were getting this weak response?
Do you believe that ear fatigue could be the cause?

Hope this helps!

Alain

#3 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

View Postjoust, on 02 May 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

Could it be that what he is experiencing is the infamous power compression?

Is there any compression going on? Any limiters?

You can copy the presets for the JRX from the second series XTi2, using SA put an amp in the venue and load the presets for your JRX. Now load a second amp, your XTi 4000 and copy the settings from the first amp to yours.

There aren't perfect settings, they are but a good starting point to continue configuring to your liking.
Avi

#4 deepcitypro

deepcitypro
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

Could the problem be thermally related? Did you see any constant Clipping or Thermal indicators lit on the front panel? Was the fan operating normally? What are the boxes and impedances applied per amp-channel?
Did one or both amps appear problematic and if affirmative, what were their loads?
What is your definition of a 'weak' response and how did you perceive that you were getting this weak response?

Hope this helps!

Alain

Hope this helps!

Alain

I guess I got a sticky finger on the gain control, but i want to know my max so I wont go over. Weak Response I mean. the Bass dips down and the high distorts, red light indicator all lights up. I have to lower the volume for a bit to sound better. I'm assuming I'm stressing the XTi 2000, They are individually amped single channel for single speaker,

Here is one scenarion:
From rane TTM 57 to BBE 8821 Sonic Maximizer (Max Dial)
1 Xti2000 goes to 2 JBL JRX 118 on each channel but on sub bass only settings, and
1 Xti2000 goes to 2 JBL JRX 125 on DSP off, all dial on the amp is on max.
Few hours later the bass dips down and highs are distorted..
Fans are spinning and working, All red lights up.

Ear Fatigue maybe, I get sticky finger on the gain control, but i guess I don't know my cap limit.

#5 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:36 AM

Dear Antoine,
May be I'm wrong here but what you are describing sounds to me like the dooms day scenario for any audio rig. Every day that passes and you don't blow something up you should consider yourself a lucky man. You obviously have too little rig for your gig. You must make the move to a bigger, more powerful setup otherwise things will start to fail. You need bigger subs, speakers and amps. Can you afford such an upgrade?

In the mean time you should setup your crossovers to reflect the limitations of the subs, set a High Pass Filter of butterworth type at 24dB/octave on both your JRX subs at 47Hz. That should help the amp and subs cope with the content you're sending them by filtering out the frequencies that cannot be reproduced by them.

What frequency do you have the 125 at and the Low Pass Filter on the 118?
Avi

#6 deepcitypro

deepcitypro
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:37 AM

View Postdakos, on 18 May 2014 - 04:36 AM, said:

Dear Antoine,
May be I'm wrong here but what you are describing sounds to me like the dooms day scenario for any audio rig. Every day that passes and you don't blow something up you should consider yourself a lucky man. You obviously have too little rig for your gig. You must make the move to a bigger, more powerful setup otherwise things will start to fail. You need bigger subs, speakers and amps. Can you afford such an upgrade?

In the mean time you should setup your crossovers to reflect the limitations of the subs, set a High Pass Filter of butterworth type at 24dB/octave on both your JRX subs at 47Hz. That should help the amp and subs cope with the content you're sending them by filtering out the frequencies that cannot be reproduced by them.

What frequency do you have the 125 at and the Low Pass Filter on the 118?
Avi

I'm not very good at setting those things on my Xti2000, I just set it at Sub for the pair of 118 and DSP off on the regular 115 and 125 pairs when they are connected. I Actually upgrade my Speaker to a pair of Powered PRX 715, just to be safe.
I tried the System architec.. dont know who to do it.. I have a Mac book pro.

Thanks again for replying for my issue, I do love Crown and JBLs.. Im glad I have support. I recommend friends to Purchase JBLs and Crowns Products.

#7 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:38 AM

You'd better call the support staff, they'll explain to you how to do this in much more detail or may be do it with you over the phone. You shouldn't run your rig like this. Both your sound quality and your speakers reliability will suffer.

Give them a call...
http://www.crownaudio.com/techsupp.htm
Avi

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xti2000, jbl, jrx, 115, 118, 125