21 replies to this topic

#1 stanley

stanley

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

hi   i have xti 4000    amp power up     and   all leds stay on on   the front panel    and no  sound    any idea  how to  fix?   and   second xti 4000  is  complete dead

#2 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

Hello Stanley,
The first XTI seems to have hanged right in the middle of booting up!
Open the top cover and locate what we call the 'heartbeat' monitor LED (E1). It is located just next to U1 and above Y1 (the oscillator). Disconnect the display board from the main board. Now, power up : The heartbeat monitor should light up, you can now hear a few realys clicking and after a few more seconds the led monitor should now start to blink at a 1 Hz rate. When it starts blinking, the display board should be normal.
To determine if the display board is at fault, another test that you can do is to swap the display module from the other problematic amp and see how it responds.
As for the other XTI4000,go back and follow a few of my postings in regards to XTI repairs. You'll find enough information there to evaluate quite comfortably the issue with the amp!
If you need further information, I'll be there to help you out.
Have a great week-end!

Alain

#3 stanley

stanley

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:41 AM

ok  thank u   i will try

#4 stanley

stanley

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

hi  im getting   on rectifier    70 v ac all resistors  ok    tp21-tp31 30v   and tp21-tp30 80v :(

#5 stanley

stanley

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

find problem    amplifier output transistors   short  :(     ,,,,,,,,,,,,  second  amp  with  boot up problem    sorted      i change    capacitors  c1 and c62 at xtal  and  capacitor c261 at reset    i dont know  witch was faulty  i change  all 3 at same time  and  amp  will boot up   and works  normaly        first  amp  will be the problem    i change  faulty output  stages   and   mje15033 (...32)  and resistors  r 147/148 (q113 /q112   are ok )      amp  will  but up     and after   20 second  q115  explode   :(    have u any solution?

#6 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

You forgot just one thing : verify the diode string located between the heatsinks : You'll probably find them shorted also. There is a 100R resistor in parallel with the diode string : Usually I'll find it good! Did you verify the Tracker module? I've had shorted Tracker fets when the output fails. Also, verify the bias transistor, located beneath the heatsink.

Alain

#7 stanley

stanley

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

u know anybody   who can repair  this amp  in ireland or uk  ?

#8 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:38 PM

Stan, unfortunately, I'm from Canada. There should be a local authorized Crown repair service center in your friendly neighborhood!

Anyone?

A.

#9 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:28 PM

These guys should give you the relevant info:

Sound Technology
Letchworth Point
Dunhams Lane
Letchworth Garden City
Hertfordshire SG6 1ND
United Kingdom
Ph: +44 (0) 1462 480000
E-Mail:  
http://www.soundtech.co.uk

#10 stanley

stanley

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

thank u    i will try   sound tech   i have  no parts  an time to do it   anyway    much  is the  new  board  ?

#11 stanley

stanley

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

no body wants  fix this  amp    :(     so    can  u tell me what  elese i have to check  ?    bias transistors  ok  diodes  are gone (d187-190) fets  in tracker  gone  340ohm resistors gone , mje 150... gone   and  one  mj 21194 in one chanel  and one 21193 in second channel   thank u very much

#12 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

I'm sorry to hear this! Well, you got most of the things right :
I would suggest to investigate, locate and remove any faulty or probable cause component. Don't install any new component now!
Verify and replace any faulty Tracker module : I suggest to purchase the Tracker module; Don't attempt to repair them : The Silpad is not available. The Tracker is not that expensive;
Verify and replace any faulty output device with heatsink; You could try to replace individual defective devices : Though, the two part heatsink is difficult to put back together;
Verify and replace any faulty driver;
Verify and replace any faulty diode string : Re-install new diodes now;
Verify and replace any faulty bias transistor Reinstall new bias trans. now;
Verify and replace open R146 or 246 : Re-install now;
Install new components;
Verify the left hand cover screw : If the screw aligns and makes contact with the Ch2 heatsink, I would recommend to replace the current screw by a shorter screw.
Power up. It should power up normally. If not, verify the SMPS.

Hope this helps!

A.

#13 stanley

stanley

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

thank u very much     i did contact  few repair centres  for tracker modules     i just cant find  r 146,246    i think im blind

#14 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

Did I mention R146?!? It should have been R148; It is located right (no, left!) next to Q115 (MJE15032) and Q113. It's a 340 ohm resistor. This resistor goes out often when the driver fails. The other resistor is R256 (340 ohms), located pretty much like the other resistor (next to Q133).

A.

#15 stanley

stanley

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

yes they   are  in  electronics heaven  :D  :D    thank u very much

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xti 4000