xti1000 powerup problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vegassoundguy

vegassoundguy
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

Hey all....I do general electrical and maintenance for a bar and one of their amps isnt working. Not sure of the modes or lingo being as I dont usually do sound stuff but I do solder and test electronics. Just never tore into these crowns. Anyway its an xti1000 and when I power it on all the front leds are lit and the screen is backlit but no text. Buttons do nothing and dials do nothing.

Any general giveaways to check first before I beat a dead horse?

Thanks

#2 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

Verify the display board's part number (138911-x); If the revision number (the 'x' in 138911-x) is less than -5, then replace the display board. I'm suspecting that the display board is problematic.
Note : On the main board, close to U1, locate a small green led. This is called the 'heartbeat' monitor led : Once the unit is powered up, the led will blink at a 1Hz rate. The led won't blink until the boot-up process has ended. So, remove the display board (disconnecting from the main board is also OK) and power up : if the heartbeat blinks then the display board is most probably defective. If the led doesn't light up or blink, then we have a problem with the low voltage.

A.