Linking XTI's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lifter

lifter
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

I have 2- XTI 6002 for my subs (set internal xover) and an XTI 2000 for mid horns (also set int. xover) and another XTI running full to my mains.  IF I link the sub amps to the others I either get the LF signal traveling through the others or vice versa...????  And yes I am fairly new at the pro audio side...
Thanks

#2 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

Hello Lifter,

If you take a look at the linking mechanism of the XTI input section, you will notice that it is linked directly with the input jacks. The DSP sections are way down stream of the links, and thus why you still have the LF coming in to your other units. A SUB crossover doesn't cross over to the other units and can only be used with the current amp.
Unfortunately, there is no mechanism on the XTI unit to have acccess to the post processing of the DSP.
If you require better crossover functionality using this XTI system, I would suggest to use, for instance, an external processor such as the dBx Driverack or Crossover unit.
Note : If you were to use this XTI system as is, with its internal crossovers, then link all [pertinent] inputs, and for each ammplifier, construct the crossover for the bandwidth projected.

I hope this helps!

Alain

#3 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

If you link the amps using the XLR connectors on the back, the signal is unaffected. The input and output XLR connectors are just connected in parallel so every amp sees the full range signal from the console.
Avi

#4 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

Perhaps you could try this :
Use a normal 2 way xover (crossover) processor for mono operation; If necessary, use a stereo xover processor for dual operation;
Seperate bandwidth for SUB and the REST (for example, crossover at 80Hz);
Send SUB signal to the SUB amp; Use Bridge mode, if necessary;
Send REST to the other two amps (LEFT AND RIGHT); For each amp, apply/create a xover preset for MID and HIGHS;

Of course, this entails having a crossover processor!

Alain