xs 500 going into fualt mode

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 R.Young

R.Young
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

Hello all I have 3 xs500's that all go into fault when turned on and no load connected.Took 1 of them apart to check for shorted outputs all seem good.nothing else looks burnt.The weird thing is 2 took the trip at the same time the 3rd was a spare just in case and it went too.Are there any common problems to look for?Double checked my cables and monitor speakers found no shorts or fault with them.Maybe a schematic would help instead of poking around blindly.How do I go about ordering a schematic?

#2 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:17 AM

You could locate discontinued Crown amps schematics at :
http://www.crownaudi...ow/legacamp.htm
For the XS schematics locate the PULSE amp section. The XS line is an offshoot of the PULSE amps.
My first impression of this fault could have been caused by the failure of the 'bootstrap' supply. Locate TX5 (115V to 16VAC); I've had numerous faulty components caused by an open primary winding, perhaps because of a bad AC supply voltage! This transformner supplies the 5V regulator for the PIC module (IC1).
Hope this helps!

Alain

#3 R.Young

R.Young
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Have to look into the ac power issue,these came from a fixed install.Kinda figured he'd run into problems trying to run these plus 2 900's and 2 1200's on two circuits,I'm suprised no breakers have blown yet.

#4 R.Young

R.Young
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

Alain, you were right on the money the primary of tx5 was open,but it is no longer available.Guess they are going to have to be door stops,unless I can figure some way to source a replacement.

#5 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:04 AM

Hello R,

Please request from your local authorized Crown dealer or service center, p/n :

137838-1   TRANSFORMER, SMPS LV CTS 28VCT

This transformer is also used in the SMPS section (T901) of CTS amps and it will do the job.

Alain