5 replies to this topic

#1 phatter

phatter
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hi,
i seem to be missing something,
i have 4 ohm per channel speakers that are rated for 200W Continuous, 800W Peak watts, but i can't seem to find how to setup the amp for them. i'm assuming they are running on 2 ohms now.

#2 Stephane

Stephane

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

What  kind of setup are you looking for??? You just have to plug the speaker and play music, what brand,model of speaker are you refering to? Speaker are not running anything amplifier will though.

#3 phatter

phatter
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

i Have a Crown XTI 1002 and JBL LSR 6332 speakers, i don't know why it sounds so much better in Bridge mode, not only close range, can also hear it better from a distance,

#4 Stephane

Stephane

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:54 AM

Those speaker are rated 4 ohms so you cannot hookup two in parrallel on your amp in bridged mode. You should set your amp in stereo mode.

#5 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

Hello there,
I don't know how you connected them but it sounds to me that you have one speaker with reversed polarity and when you have them connected in bridge you're connecting them differently, with the correct polarity. So, check your cables and get back to us.
Avi

#6 phatter

phatter
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

Hi,
i got it, a tweeter was blown on one of my speakers and that made it seem like bridge mode improved the sound, but now with tweeter replaced they sound awesome on Stereo mode. thanks,