• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 phatter

phatter
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Hi,
i just sold all my crappy gear and bought back a DAC, crown XTI 1002 amp and JBL studio speakers,
i never set up or played around with that amp, and i would like to know how the setting should be,
speakers have a crossover built in, and are rated for 4 ohms and 200 watt continuos, anything i have to do?
any help would be awesome!

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

Well, first connect everything, the amp comes preconfigured for stereo operation without any equalization or other parameter. This should work well for you :)

Now you need to listen and see if you need additional configurability then just download AudioArchitect or BandManager2 (free from Harman pro web site) and cofigure away :)
Avi

#3 phatter

phatter
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

ahh, looks simple,
whats the difference between the 2 programs that you mentioned. i tried the presets that my amp has, but it seems like I'm just guessing and speakers sound boomy.

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

BandManager2 speaks to one amp at a time while AudioArchitect is for designing much bigger rigs. What presets does your amp have? Did you buy it used?
Avi

#5 phatter

phatter
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

i bought it brand new on ebay, amp has 50 presets, just guessing as i'm trying them out, i figured there would be a chart that would help me find what i was looking for, but band manager2 will work for me, i have one amp and 2 speakers.

#6 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

To the best of my knowledge the presets are supposed to be empty, waiting to be filled by you.

If the amp is new and the speakers sound boomy then that's the sound of those speakers unequlized. You can add equalization via BM2 program, if it makes them sound better to you then that's the correct place to do it.
Avi

#7 phatter

phatter
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

ok, that explains alot, most of them looked the same, found a few that sounded different, i will download the software and check what i find, i sure hope i'll see improvement, :)

#8 phatter

phatter
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

hey, is there a BM2 like program for mac OS?

#9 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

No, only parallels or such :-(

#10 phatter

phatter
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

ok, really cool,
so why doesn't anyone post their profiles so i can grab it and upload it, would sure be cool to check em out.