• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kapou

kapou
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

Hi dear friends,
I recently bought a Crown XTI 6002 amplifier. I am new to the amplifier and I absolutely have no idea in setting up the amp to connect with system architecht through wifi. I couldn't get the USBX here in india so I tried with household 802.11 b/g/ router which has a usb port. The software detect the wifi signal but not the amp connected to the router through usb cable. There is no problem in connecting the amp to band manager through usb cable but I couldn't connect it to system architect. Can anybody help me in setting up a wifi system other than with USBX. I have system architect 3.40 running on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. Thanks

#2 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

Hello and welcome kapou,
Note: System Architect has been superceded by Audio Architect. AA includes the Netsetter application that should help resolve most network conflicts.
But you have USB! I don't know how well it can connect through wifi. I would suggest, initially, to test the connectivity directly from the computer through the USB port to the amplifier. If the connection can be established then at least you know that it can connect and it is now a matter of hardware.
Have a great day!
Alain

#3 kapou

kapou
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Thanks alot Alain, I should try with AA again then. There is no problem connecting the amp directly to the computer through a USB cable. I've tried it with band manager and works fine. I wanted to set up a wifi system but coudn't do so...

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Unfortunately this method of connecting the amp wirelessly is not officially supported without the USBX thingie. Sporadic success stories are available in various forums, use your favorite search engine to look for them.

Some good examples are here:
http://www.crownaudi...?showtopic=4392
http://forums.prosou...?topic=139793.0

#5 kapou

kapou
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

Thanks Dakos for the link. Let me try it out.