• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jorgerhb

Jorgerhb
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Hello,

Can anyone help me with your opinions about the new line of CDI amps.

We are using for a lot time the CTS series for large 70V systems with JBL and BSS equipment.

My clients demands 24/7 operations, with the CTS i have racks that are working for 6+ years  now, can we get the same reliability ..etc??  

My competitors are offering QSC ISA series and other brands for almost 30-40% less than the cts, but we want to be sure that the CDIs match or a least get near CTS performance or durability.  

Any user/pro experiences in this area??

Btw,  CTs made in the USA, others made in china... big plus for my clients but can we justify the >$$

#2 Deromax

Deromax

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

My understanding of the uses for those amps is you'd use the CDi for paging system in schools, hospitals, churches, congress centers and airports.  You'd use the CTs for install in stadiums and premiums arenas to drive a big PA.

But I may be wrong!

Honestly, I think the Crown line is too extensive.  For an example, CDi, DSi and XTi are about the same amp intended for install, cinemas and musicians/DJ markets respectively.

#3 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

Deromax is right in regards to the use of the CTs and XTi/CDi/DSi lines. Though, are the different lines too extensive? Perhaps. Marketing strategies!
:)

Alain

#4 bstrong06

bstrong06
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

We use the Crown CDI 1000 and 4000 in the theatre. They are decent.

#5 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

The XTi/CDi/DSi line was originally intended to replace the older CE line, for installs, theatres, cinema, etc. These units don't go to sleep.
CTS are used in permanent installs and units can go to sleep, to preserve energy. These can be powered up 24/7.

Alain