XTI 2000 Not Turning On

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fspatola

Fspatola
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Hi all, I have an XTI 2000 that I'm working on that does not power on. I found another post that descibes the problem I'm having. I Turn unit on and the blue display illuminates, then turns off, then comes back on and the leds run up and down (and then the leds turn off).  That's it.  It never makes the final click, the blue power LED doesn't come on and the display is almost blank but you can make out a faint "LOW LINE" in it. Anyone ever experience this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank You, Frank.

#2 Fspatola

Fspatola
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Can anyone please help with this.
Thank You

#3 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hello Frank, sorry for the delay! :)
The behavior you describe (leds flashing up/down, etc) is normal until you hear the last clicks (no leds!), then the READY lights come on after another 10 seconds.
Usually, LOW LINE implies that the AC supply is insufficient! Though, I've seen it on my bench and my AC doesn't sag! :)
Did you try the amp on another AC circuit? Is the amp loaded [with speakers] when you power up? YES: Remove the speaker lines and cycle again.
Have you updated the firmware? At which revision are you at?
It is possible that an internal malfunction has arisen. You may need to consult with an authorized Crown service center. I've seen a shorted fet in the Tracker circuit causing weird malfunctions!

Alain

#4 Fspatola

Fspatola
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Hey Alain, Thanks for getting back to me. The amp is on my bench with no speakers or inputs connected. The final click never happens when I turn the amp on. The Blue Power led does not come on either. I did try different AC outlets with same results. This is the first time I have seen this issue. I did check the tracker circuit I did not find any shorts. I can not update the firmware because of this problem, amp is not detected. You said you seen Low Line on your bench before do you recall what the problem was. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You, Frank