#16 JPM.

JPM.

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

View Postdakos, on 10 October 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

Just one thing, the manual says to use minimal impedance when available and not nominal, that's how I got 51V (=SQRT(0.8X500X6.5)).

As for the response time, since it's a parameter of the driver, I would try to get it from peaveys support or even talk directly to Marty on the peavey forum. My logic tells me shorter response time as well.
Avi

Except for the Thermal Limiter. It says to use nominal. The wizard uses what ever you enter on all of them. But yeah, when you look at JBL specs on some drivers the Thermal Limiter is lower in comparision. 51 Volts looks like a go.
Marty retired a while a go and I've been down this path before with Peavey. When you use different brands in a system no one can be sure what is right as they can't validate each others settings for their equipment. They don't always translate well over other platforms. I don't think I will mix brands next purchase. It is a lot easier to get support that way.

I think it could be a case of operator error and nothing is bullet proof even with 3 limiters. I will try the Thermal at 51 volts at least as the rest of the settings seem right.

Thanks for your input Avi.

#17 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

Yes, you are correct about the nominal impedance and thermal limiter calculation.

Just found the speaker where I saw both the 2hrs and 100hrs specs, the JBL MRX518S.

I hope this little change will solve things for you, a question on PSW is still worth the effort IMHO.
Avi