Cts600 data light flashing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 xtrememachines

xtrememachines
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

I have a Cts600 which stopped working (no audio output), the ready lights do not come on even with a known good piplite card. The power light stays on and the data light flashes.

#2 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

Blue flashing lights usually indicate either a problem with the main VCC rails, or, that the input AC voltage is incorrect! I think there is a problem with the generation of the VCC voltages: verify the output section for shorts; Are you using a PIP Lite or CN card instead of the original BBY input card?

Alain

#3 xtrememachines

xtrememachines
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

The blue light stays steady, the amber Data light continuously blinks.

#4 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Did this CTS600 come with a PIP card (ie: Lite or CN; not BBY)? Check C933!

Alain

#5 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Another important question:
Do you have +/- VCC or any of the four low voltages at the heat-sinks? (There are (4) regulators located under the silpad, at the heatsink.)

#6 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

Sometimes I really wonder how it is you seem to know everything about these amps... (Not specificlly this thread)
Great work
Avi

#7 xtrememachines

xtrememachines
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

It came with the standard card but I switched it out for the PIP Lite. I have it on the bench now I'll check the heat sinks and c933.

#8 xtrememachines

xtrememachines
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Can I check the voltage form the top or do I have to pull out the board and check from the bottom.

#9 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

This impacts models made prior to March 2010 : You will have to pull the main board out to verify the cap's value; Also, the board can operate outside the chassis! I would verify (measure) and replace C933 for a 560uF/35V, if possible, @ 105°C. It is possible that the cap is receiving too much ripple current, causing the cap to become leaky and possibly impacting on the life of the cap. This can happen when extra accessories (ie. PIP card) are installed.
Note: In regards to the regulators : The regulators would not cause the whole amp to come down. There are two (neg, pos) per channel side. They are located under the [one per] heatsinks' silpad.
Hope this helps!
Alain