xti2 setup help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 harleykeiko

harleykeiko
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:31 AM

need help in setting up my system right. Should i use my driverack or presets on the xti2. and should i run my subs briged mono??
4 - Vrx932la
4 - Vrx918s
2 - XTI6002
2 - XTI4002
1 - DBX260

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Dear Harley,
Unless there's e specific feature you need from the DR260, I would skip using it, there's a small benefit in sound quality if you pass through less AD/DA transitions for the same function you already have in the XTi DSP.

As for configuration, this is where things get a bit difficult, despite all these amps being reliable at 4 ohm bridged, this mode of operation is not recommended, do you have more amps for me to work with? Is an upgrade an option?

You really need itech's or mai's for those speakers to shine...
Avi

#3 harleykeiko

harleykeiko
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

Avi,

you think i should sell my amps? yes upgrade is an option.

let me know what can i do to make it shine thank avi

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

I think you should upgrade your rig ONLY if you need "more rig" OR if you don't like the sound quality of your existing rig, otherwise if you're pretty much happy with what you have, the upgrade doesn't make sense.

To really make'm shine:
2X i-Tech 12000 (new) OR 8000 (used) for everything, one for the subs and one for the tops.
Avi

#5 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

Avi was mentionning about 4 ohms Bridge operations. I also don't prone using so low a load on any SMPS amplifier. The problem is your AC power supply: A 4002 delivers 3200W into 4 ohms Bridge and a 6002, 6000W into 4 ohms Bridge! That's a lot of power to deliver from a 15A source! :) Kidding apart, unless you use a 220V outlet (even then, the amps have to be certified for SMPS 240V operation). When using SMPS, the AC current is heavily solicitated and could 'starve' the amps from operating reliably. I believe that a lot of current problems with SMPS amplifiers is due to a lack of current in AC power supply sources.
Always make sure that the AC power supply has enough current for the job! Voltage is all accessory. (Correct me if I'm wrong!)