• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GregoryR

GregoryR
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Hi,
This should be a fairly easy question for any of you that knows Crown amps well.  I used to play keyboards in a 80s rock cover band and decided to rebuild my stack.  My stage system for the keys was Bose 802 and a bass cabinet.  I recently acquire a new pair of 802s but have no idea which amp is best to power them.  The only thing I remember is that it "takes a lot of power to push them."  I plan to have this system for a long time so I don't mind going "high end" if it's going to make a difference in sound, performance and longevity.  Thanks for any help.

#2 GregoryR

GregoryR
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

Wow.  Not even an answer from the Crown reps.  Guess I'll look at other amp companies.

#3 AHH

AHH
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Hi Greg ,this was my post and I also didn't get any help   ......          What amplifier would you recommend for powering 2 JBL JRX115
Currently, I use a Crown XLS2500 to power the 2 speakers. it is rated at 440 Watts @ 8 Ohms
This is what JBL recommends: 250 W to 500 W into 8 ohms.

Also, is this capable of driving 4 JBL JRX115

what size amplifier would you recommend to run 2 JRX118S for the same PA setup

Thank You!

#4 AHH

AHH
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

this was my post and I also didn't get any help   ...... What amplifier would you recommend for powering 2 JBL JRX115
Currently, I use a Crown XLS2500 to power the 2 speakers. it is rated at 440 Watts @ 8 Ohms
This is what JBL recommends: 250 W to 500 W into 8 ohms.

Also, is this capable of driving 4 JBL JRX115

what size amplifier would you recommend to run 2 JRX118S for the same PA setup

Thank You!

#5 Deromax

Deromax

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Those kind of questions needs nothing more than the specs in the speaker's manual and elementary maths to answer.  This is a forum with a very specific subject, Crown amps, not a general purpose sound reinforcement forum.  This is why those kind of system design questions are received with lukewarm enthusiasm here.

Just so my post is actually somewhat useful, I'd say twice the continuous power of 240 watts for the pair of Bose (that would mean around 500 watts per channel onto 8 ohms) and 1000 watts per channel onto 4 ohms for the 2 pairs of JBL.

#6 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

Dear All,
I generally more the welcome all SR questions here, Crown has made this forum available for us users to share our knowledge, this forum wasn't meant to be a back e door to the costumer support like other companies do, that's why no Crown reps answer questions here at the moment. If you were to call the tech support I bet you would have found them very professional and cooperative :)

Now to my reply... I'll offer you the same kind of advice I gave AHH...

Your question might seem simple but it has baffled many of us time and time again, I don't know if you're looking for the simple answer or the more complex right answer so I'll give you both...

The complex answer is here:
http://www.crownaudi...st=0#entry16886
You'll probably have more questions after this read so fire on...

The short answer for the 118 is the XLS 1000 or 1500 bridged on each sub or one XLS2500 for both.
Hope this helps
Avi

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bose, 802