Which amp/s to use

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Robman1992

Robman1992
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

I want to make myself an amazing home theater system. I want to power 2 subwoofers up to about 300 watts a piece, up to 4 woofers at 100 a piece, and 4 pro tweeters at up to 100 a piece. I want some room for flexibility and I can buy the speakers at specific ohms depending on amplifier specs. suggestions?

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

It sounds to me you have too few speakers, HT systems usually come in a 5.1 of 7.1 (5 or 7 speakers and the .1 is the sub) configuration, what you're trying to do looks like a 4.1 configuration which is very unconventional. Are you sure that's what you want?

Also to better help you figure which amp you need you need to write if the watts are RMS figures or peak or just post direct links the the specific drivers you want to use.
Avi

#3 Robman1992

Robman1992
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

I was thinking more like a 3.1 actually, a center/front consisting of 2 woofer and 2 tweeters, then left and right which would be 1 woofer and 1 tweeter each, then the substage. I would like some advice as to what you think would be better off, this will be in a room approximately 12ftx20ft. Let me reword what I meant by flexible, I was thinking along the lines of having extra power and available options to possibly reconfigure my setup at a different time.

#4 Deromax

Deromax

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

The XLS serie is great for home use as they are running silent and are inexpensive.  They have 4 models of different power.  But the drivers you will use should dictate the needed power, so decide on that, first!