XTI 4000 3 weeks since buying new Turn on then Powers off

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 djinthemixx

djinthemixx
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Bought a new amp from a dealer in New York 3 weeks ago or less . Used it about 12 times then in the middle of a gig it just shut down,Tried to turn back on and right before the green lights come on it shuts down ,,completely turns off..Try again after unplugging for days same result. Serial #8500406876   Any help please ??

#2 bobbysdad

bobbysdad

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

You sould be asking your dealer.......
I might be deaf, but I can still hear the bells......

#3 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

Hello and welcome,
First I'm sorry to hear you had this problem, the XTI series are very reliable amps and usually take the beating with no grunts. One thing you should remember about electronic products is that the highest failure rate happens during the first month of operation. After all that I strongly suggest you take the amp back to where it was purchased for a quick fix up, maybe he can get you a loaner amp for the time the amp needs to be away, I know that reputable dealers will do that.
If you need more advice on the subject I suggest you call the tech support guys, they are pretty quick at resolving such issues. I think Thomas is away at the moment so call Kip or Kevin.
Good luck
Avi

#4 djinthemixx

djinthemixx
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Dealer told me to contact Crown for manufacturers warranty.

#5 bobbysdad

bobbysdad

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

... I feel your pain with the disappointment and inconvenience.
On the bright side, at least it will get fixed properly and by experts, but you should contact them direct ASAP, as everyone will be closing up shop soon, being that time of year.

#6 djinthemixx

djinthemixx
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

closing up shop soon?

#7 bobbysdad

bobbysdad

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Yes, a lot of places stop taking in repairs for over the forthcoming holiday season 'till after the New Year, as their last minute repairs generally turn into quite a backlog 'till then.
So get in early.....