Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

I recently bought the following for my outdoor patio area:

1 CDi1000 amp
1 Elan D6
1 JBL Control SB-210 Passive Outdoor Subwoofer
4 Paradigm Stylus speakers
1 HSU High Pass Filter
I have Sonos as my source.

I would like to use the Elan to play the mid and high frequency sounds on the Paradigm speakers and use the Crown CDi1000 to play the low frequencies on the subwoofer.

What is the best way to set this up?   Do I connect the sonos output to the crown first for the subwoofer sound and then use the output of the crown amp to send the signal over to the Elan and use the High/Pass filter before it comes into the Elan to ensure only mid to high are played?

How do I set a channel on the Crown CDi1000 to play actively plan only the low frequencie on the sub?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Al

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

You have the connections about right, the only problem I see here is mixing consumer audio signal levels comming from the Sonos and to the Elan, with pro audio signal levels the CDi is supposed to get. Other then that you're good to go. Just configure the CDi for subwoofer mode with the correct frequency and the rest will be taken care of by the HSU box.

#3 aaduran2000

aaduran2000
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Thanks Dakos, really appreciate the help.   Don't set these up very often, would you happen to know the easiest way to put the CDi in Subwoofer mode?  Thanks, AD

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

Dear AD,
On page 27 on the manual you have a list of desired functions and how to set them, what you need is to activate the second option for bridge and then the forth option (Input Mode) and set it to "CH1+CH2", we also need to activate the XOV feature, I don't have a 100% answer for you about this, so I will get back to you on that one...
Avi

#5 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

I just looked and the steps I explained earlier are correct and are most easily accomplished using the free System Architect software suite available from the harman pro web site.
Avi

#6 aaduran2000

aaduran2000
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Thank you so much Avi.  Very much appreciated!