#16 67Shawn

67Shawn

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

View Postdakos, on 15 November 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

Sure you can connect 2 per channel on the 4000, the XTI is very stable at 4 ohms, what do you need it for?
Thanks dakos, I was wanting to put 2 on each speaker stand with one of these http://produkte.k-m....TING-FORK-black for more coverage, people were filled the park from all side, this way i can turn the speakers to face every angle.

#17 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

It's a good brand, hope you're stants are strong enough to take the weight. Sounds like you need more coverage :)

It would be nice to actually see your rig in action, maybe you can upload some photos next time you put it to work?

#18 67Shawn

67Shawn

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

I was thinking about picking up a couple of Global Truss  st-132's, right now i am using a couple of OnStage stands, non crank.
If i had a couple of the st-132's with the K&M fork i could use 4 of the mrx 512m's.

I will definitly get some photos at their next memorial, they have several.

Actually, here is a link to our local news website that has a video you can see the honda genny at around 00:55 sec, you can also see one of the speakers on a stand.
http://www.theobserv...red-at-cenotaph

One more thing, you can see at the end of the video how it is setup at the 1:12 mark.

#19 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Very nice, you have the angles of the speakers and their hight positioned correctly but you do need more coverage. Is the top of the speaker stand tilted or is it the angle built in the speaker? If it's on the speaker pole then I think that you might be better served with another speaker stand rather then the fork.

#20 67Shawn

67Shawn

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Just the built in angle, do you have any recomendations for speaker stands dakos?

#21 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

In that case then the fork will do just fine. Unfortunately I don't have experience with speaker stands so I can't give you any recomendation. You will get much better answers on the ProSoundWeb.com forum then here.

#22 67Shawn

67Shawn

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Thanks dakos. :)

#23 67Shawn

67Shawn

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

I just remembered, i do lighting, and i have a couple of  http://www.globaltru...d=4&Category=41 would these be over kill for that application?

#24 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Yes, these are overkill for this application but personally I love overkill :)

You will still need to get the "fork" or fabricate one.