CROWN XTI 4000 HISS NOISE PROBLEM ! TRYED CONTACT CROWN BUT PEOPLE THERE ARE PLAYING DUMB WITH ME OR SOMETHING !

HISS PROBLEM NOISE PROBLEM XTI 4000 HISS XTI 4000 PROBLEM NOISE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 felipetardioli

felipetardioli
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

Okay its been 2 weeks that i emailed crown and still no ANSWER ! I called in last week and the guy was either playing dumb with me trying to be a smart *beep* and not even putted a effort in trying to resolve my problem and straight up told me that XTI 4000's r not the best amp in the world and that the hiss problem im having is normal . i was like really ?  soo whoever is 6 to 8 ft away from mine JBL's MRX525 would have to hearing the hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss lol , awesome customer service .  I was highly recommed to buy crown amps but i guess i made a BIG MISTAKE !

Well so here am i , trying to get this problem fixed for the last time .  My problem is that i get a hiss noise coming out my highs without and GAIN , VOLUME and all inputs disconnected , the hiss gets louder as i raise the volume  , anybody outhere had this before ??   anybody from crown is willing to help me or shall i just send this thing to the garbage can ?

Thank you
Felipe Tardioli

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

Dear Felipe,
Sorry you had to go through such a bad experience with the tech support, the guys there are pretty helpful most of the time. I have to admit as well though the XTI is not the best amp in the world BUT it's a great amp at a great price :)

No to your problem, first off all there shouldn't be any audible hiss.. A few pointers that help in preventing hiss:
* Connect the amp and mixer on the same outlet.
* Varify that the ground on that outlet is working properly.
That's it for a basic system like yours.

Is the hiss new? When did it start? Was there an event that you think caused it (amp falling, voltage spike and such...)?

#3 JohnnySH

JohnnySH
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

Hi

Hiss is tied up with the Hi Frequency side of the amplification, most people complain about hums, earth loops, DC Hum etc the low frequency side.

So this is quite a rare condition, if no input source is connected to the amplifier and this hiss still existed, then there is an internal fault with the amplifier and thus would need to go to a service center where by an oscilloscope could be used to see exactly what is going on with the amplification circuitry and what is causing this loud hiss.

I would have a guess and say this fault lies on the front end amplification of the faulty channel and could be a faulty OPAMP.

Simply take your faulty amplifier to a good repair center, it will be much quicker any easier than messing around crown support.

Good luck