NEED HELP SETTING UP MY DRIVERACK PA,CROWN ITECH 8000,XTI 6002

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 renaissancemannc

renaissancemannc
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

I am EQing on the mackie; cutting mids; highs and lows are both flat; using compression.  The kick drum doesn't really cut thru unless the gain of the mic is at 2 o'clock and by then  the meters on the mixer are solid amber with the mixer's faders at unity.  With respect to the DRPA, I did not use it to boost the signal.  I did try to manipulate the sub-harmonic synth but it had no audible effect.  I finally skipped the balancing after several attempts. Since no presets exist for the EV tops, I substituted a preset from a JBL speaker that had similar freq resp and range.  The auto-eq completes but how can I be sure I'm getting the most from it if I don't use the specs from my speakers / amps?

#17 bobbysdad

bobbysdad

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Are you not able to tune your system by ear without relying on auto-eq?
I might be deaf, but I can still hear the bells......

#18 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Really there are so many things that can be wrong here, it would take bit of learning to tune this system and debug the problems. You should start with the basics... First, mic selection, look here for a detailed discussion about it:
http://forums.prosou...opic,170.0.html
Now you need to verify the mic/mics (I've seen up to 5 mics only for kick but mostly 2-3) are placed correctly, this video is a good start:

Now your drummers technic could be a bit off and you will have a hard time trying to compensate for it, you should try to playback a good quality track with good sounding kick drum through your rig and see if your rig sounds better.
The compressor might be configured a bit off, the DRPA could be configured in a million wrong ways and the auto EQ feature will almost never give you good results just at best it will give you a good starting point for a bad sounding room to start with and at most times it will simply not work well.
Then again you're rig does have a weak bottom end, only one JRX sub. You should rent additional subs and amps and connect them without the JRX, in my opinion a minimal rig to get good kick drum reproduction needs double 18 subs at about 2000-3000W each so this trial would tell you exactly what you want to know.
Many more things such as room acoustics and speaker placement and other stuff but you already have allot to do :)
Good luck and report back

#19 renaissancemannc

renaissancemannc
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

I appreciate all the input I got in this forum but I could not get this equipment to work.  I took it back to the store and got my money back.