18 replies to this topic

#1 313DJ

313DJ

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

hello if anybody can help i would appreciate it,i have watched videos and did a lot of reading,attempted to set it up myself,i usually get stuck because it doesn't have any of my speakers or amps in the presets,so i have to use the custom option wanted to know if that option will get the full effect,

also at the point in the eq wizzard where it asks u to set the volume u will be playing at i get lost really needs help with that.

equipment= pioneer djm 600 mixer,
bbe sonic maximizer with sub output,
dbx driverack pa,
1 crown xti 6002 for tops
1 crown itech-8000 for subs
2 ev zx5 tops crossover 1.5khz
2 ev qrx 218s,crossover 80hz

#2 bobbysdad

bobbysdad

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Are you using a calibrated microphone when using the Wizard?
I might be deaf, but I can still hear the bells......

#3 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

First of all, it should have your amps in its database, the 6002 might be too new but you should have the XTI 6000 to use instead.

Second, I would suggest you post a new topic on the DBX forum, it is very active with lots of knowledgable people such as "DRA" and "Gadget", they will answer your question very quickly.

One more thing to consider... I think running the signal through the DRPA and then into the the two amplifiers DSP is wasting sound quality, UNLESS you need a specific feature not available on the amps DSP. The DSP on the i-Tech is of better quality then the DRPA and the one on the XTI is pretty much comparable.

Here is a link to the sub forum you need:
http://www.dbxpro.co...3a3b1d340ee8c0f

#4 313DJ

313DJ

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

@ BOBBYSDAD YES I'M USING THE DBX RTA MIC,

AND DAKOS I'M REALLY JUST GOING AFTER THE BEST SOUND QUALITY,ALSO I LIKE THE AFS OPTION FOR FEEDBACK PROTECTION FROM THE DRPA,AS FAR AS THE DSP ON THE ITECH AND XTI,I HAVE BEEN USING EXTERNAL LIMITERS SHOULD I BYPASS THOSE ALSO IF I DON'T USE THE DRPA?

#5 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

The amps DSP doesn't have AFS and the sound quality of the DRPA is not the "best" so it's up to you to decide what's more important to you.

Using the amps onboard DSPs limiter makes much more sense because the amps DSP knows the real voltage the amp is outputting while the DRPA is only guessing, other than that the limiter on the itech has continuous power limiter like the DRPA has plus a peak limiter.

#6 Texan Thriller

Texan Thriller
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Just wanted to add to what Dakos told you. I had ask that same question about the drive rack a few months ago and was giving the same answer .

The drpa is great but when you use the dsp on the itechs i believe the results are super.

I configured my amps it took a while and a lot of tweeting but now the parties or events i play for i use just my 6000 on hi and 8000 for lows and my crowd or even pro djs are amazed of the quality of sound produced from these amps vs. my competitors quantity.

The inputs and outputs stages are never cliping and speakers sound amazing

#7 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

A used XTI 6002 and a used itech 4000/6000 cost about the same so you might consider making the switch to a complete pro amplification system.

As for the DRPA, it's true that this unit sound inferior to its bigger brothers starting from the DR260 and up or its cousin the BSS 334T, 336T and the 366T, but this upgrade will cost substantial $$$ and the previous upgrade is relatively free :)

#8 313DJ

313DJ

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

ok dakos and texan thriller i'm going to try and use the xti 6002 and i-tech 8000 by themselves,just need to go out and get a ethernet cable to hook the i-tech up to my pc do either of u know the correct cable for this because i see the regular ethernet cables don't work

#9 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

If you connect the amp directly to the computer then you need a cross cable and if you go through a router/switch/hub then you need a regular cable.

Don't forget a USB cable so System Architect can see both your amps simultaneously.

#10 313DJ

313DJ

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

ok dakos got both cables,the xti 6002 showed up on system architect but the i-tech 8000 didn't,it showed activity on the back of the amp but it was not found on the pc

#11 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

Go to our FAQ thread here:
http://www.crownaudi...3975#entry14744

Go to iTech old, and do what it says :)

Let me know if it helps...

#12 313DJ

313DJ

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

thanks dakos,i will get back to u,it looks like i will have to update my itech 8000

#13 renaissancemannc

renaissancemannc
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Need help setting up PA.  PA used primarily for micing drums and vocals.  Goal is to get that "punch" from my kick drum but so far, I can't get it without clipping.

Config : audix D6 mic, mackie profx22, 2 electro voice elx 115ps, JBL jrxsp118p, dbx driverack pa+.

Confused about THRU / HPF switch on the JBL sub; the powered tops have switches for use with subs too.

The driverack pa+ does not have the presets for my amps/speakers and will not complete the balancing function.

#14 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

One thing I can think of is if you have any EQing going on? On the Mackie? On the DRPA? Did you use it to boost the signal?

Another thing is the JRX sub, it's a pretty weak sub for good kick drum reproduction...

Where does the clipping occure?

#15 bobbysdad

bobbysdad

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

It could be anything....
I would think it's a bit too much to ask from just the one sub tho'.
I might be deaf, but I can still hear the bells......