Splash screen..

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Klark

Klark
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:18 AM

Hey guys.  Is there any way to get rid of the splash screen?  Yes, I know, it's only a second or so long, but that's not the problem.  The problem is..

It's stupid, and really annoying.  Like we really need to see a giant full screen advertisement for a piece of FREE software.

Oh and btw, '-nosplash' after the target does not work, already tried it.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:32 AM

Klark,

Although you may not like the splash screen it is part of our marketing since you don't have to pay for the software. Yes, not so long...... ago you had to buy the product and then the software. sad.gif

Although it may seem "annoying" to you while it is up there things are going on in the background loading the software and it's better than going to a Black screen. smile.gif

#3 Dj Foxx

Dj Foxx
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jun 9 2005, 09:32 AM)
Klark,

Although you may not like the splash screen it is part of our marketing since you don't have to pay for the software. Yes, not so long...... ago you had to buy the product and then the software. sad.gif

Although it may seem "annoying" to you while it is up there things are going on in the background loading the software and it's better than going to a Black screen. smile.gif
View Post

Lol thats so funny because I like it, I thought it was pretty cool and I would'n't mind at all showing off that I'm a crown user..... in fact, is there anyway to make it a wallpaper, I think that would be cool.

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:39 AM

[/quote]
Lol thats so funny because I like it, I thought it was pretty cool and I would'n't mind at all showing off that I'm a crown user..... in fact, is there anyway to make it a wallpaper, I think that would be cool.
View Post
[/quote]

If anyone would like the Iqwic spash screen I have attached it in 800x600, 1024x760 and 1280x1024 screen resolutions.

Attached Files

#5 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE(Klark @ Jun 9 2005, 08:18 AM)
Hey guys.  Is there any way to get rid of the splash screen?  Yes, I know, it's only a second or so long, but that's not the problem.  The problem is..

It's stupid, and really annoying.  Like we really need to see a giant full screen advertisement for a piece of FREE software.

Oh and btw, '-nosplash' after the target does not work, already tried it.
View Post

While the splash screen is up, the software is running its start up routine. So the screen is there while the software is booting to indicate that the program has launched and is still doing housekeeping.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#6 Dj Foxx

Dj Foxx
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:52 PM

If anyone would like the Iqwic spash screen I have attached it in 800x600, 1024x760 and 1280x1024 screen resolutions.
View Post

Much appreciated DGlass  cool.gif