XLS 2000, Input Y Mode Issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Uhoh429

Uhoh429
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

So I am running my new Crown XLS 2000 in Input Y mode, which if I understand correctly sends signal from channel 1 input to both channel outputs. So I am feeding my two 12" main speakers, which each handle 400W @ 8 ohms, and want to control the level of each speaker with its respective pot. The issue that I am having is that even though each channel pot is turned all the way down, channel 2 still sends signal to the speaker. Furthermore, the volume level on channel 2 doesn't change until the pot is turned about 1/4 of the way up.

Is this normal?  

Thanks in advance

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

No, this is not normal behavior. Is the amp still under warranty?

#3 Uhoh429

Uhoh429
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

Thanks for replying. Yes it is under warranty. I bought it two week s ago.

#4 Uhoh429

Uhoh429
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Very interesting thing just happened: I was just playing my iPod thru my PA using the XLS 2000, and the problems I have previously described have disappeared.... I had channel 2's pot control all the way down (which until now still allowed sound through) and noticed that the channel wasn't making amplifying the signal all of a sudden. Turned the pot up, and voila, it is seemingly working properly. I'm still going to try and exchange it.

#5 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Now that's normal behavior.

Replacing the amp or getting it fixed sounds like the best thing to do. These are great amps so hope you enjoy it as much as I do my XTI :)