Itech series

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Texan Thriller

Texan Thriller
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

Hello again I bought today 2 Itech 4000 1-6000 and 1-8000 :blink: :rolleyes: and a DBX driverack PA+ . My question is do i need the drive rack or i should use the Dsp on the amps . Or should i use the drive rack and not use the Dsp If so how do i disable the Dsp on the amps .

Regards any assistance I will be gratefull.

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:36 AM

Well, generally speaking the signal processing on the i-Tech is far superior to the DR family up to and including the DR260. The feature set of the DR processors is a bit ritcher so if you need a specific feature that the i-Tech doesn't have then you may use it. More then that the DRPA+/DRPX/DRPA are the least pleasing soniclly of the whole DR family of processors.

#3 Texan Thriller

Texan Thriller
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

Just a question again i am new and a rookie to these amps . If i were to use let say 2 jbl 2206h 12inch for mids on the itech 6000 what will be my tunnings or setting for the dsp per side. Will it be based on the speaker specs or audioable setting.

Because i am going to be using

2 jbl 2206h 600W continous per ch on the itech 6000 for mids

2 RCF L18P300 1000W continous per ch on the itech 8000 for lows

2 eminence PDS- 2002-16 drivers 80W continous per ch on the itech 4000 for highs

Thank you again

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

OK, giving you an answer based on the drivers alone is completely useless, you need to get the complete box parameters, getting those parameters is a long and complicated process, one which you are almost never able to preform by yourself at home. So I would try to determine the crossover frequencies by listening to the speakers first without the subs, in an outdoor location, wear a good set of headphones and take them off to compare the sound comming from the speakers to the unprocessed sound comming from your headphones, like Dave Rat shows on YouTube, look for "How to EQ a live sound system", you will use your headphones in the same manner but instead of EQing instruments you will run a good quality sound source like a CD, none of those mp3s, that you know very well how it's supposed to sound and instead of using an equalizer you will use the crossover parameters to make the system sound the way you want. It might be better to use an old analog crossover for this procedure so you can hear the changes you make more clearly. After the analog process is complete you will copy the parameters to the amplifiers DSP.