XTI 4002 - Stereo Mode: Ch 2 Signal Meter Shows Activity with No Input or Output Connected

xti-4002 xti 2 series 4002 xti 1002 xti 2002 xti 6002

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NeilS

NeilS
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

I apologize if this issue has been answered elsewhere.  If it has, I would appreciate it if someone could direct me to those posts.

In stereo mode, when I connect a signal to just the channel 1 input and channel 1 output is connected to an 8 ohm speaker – not only does the channel 1 signal meter on the front of the amp show activity – but the channel 2 signal meter (with gain level off) also illuminates – without any channel 2 input or output connections.  The amount of signal activity on the channel 2 meter seems to match the channel 1 meter.  This happens on both new amps.

Then, I made the same connections on channel 2.

I turned the gain down on channel 1 and just using the channel 2 input and output –only the channel 2 meter illuminates and shows activity – the channel 1 meter did not show any signal activity.

In stereo mode, with the channel 2 gain level off, why would the channel 2 signal meter show the same signal activity as channel 1, with no channel 2 input or output connections?

Let me know if you need more information.

Thank you,
Neil

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:35 AM

No applogy needed :)

I'm not sure if it's a design flaw or you might have a defective amp, you should give a call to the tech support regarding thi issue.
http://www.crownaudio.com/techsupp.htm

You can still call the tall free number from outside the US using Skype.

#3 NeilS

NeilS
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Hi,

Crown just notified me that there is a firmware bug that causes the channel 2 meter to show activity with no input or output connections.

The issue will be fixed in an upcoming firmware update.

Neil

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

Thank you for the update...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xti-4002, xti 2 series, 4002, xti 1002, xti 2002, xti 6002