Crown CDi1000 Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tolahouse

Tolahouse
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

I have just taken ownership of a Crown CDi1000 and I'm totally new to Crown Amps. It was manufactured in 2006. The fans on it run constantly and are loud, I have seen the same amp albeit a newer one with totally silent fans. I am wondering if I need a firmware update to control/reduce the speed of the fans. If so how can I go about getting the firmware.

Thanks

#2 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

Hello Tolahouse,

Since fw 1.1.4.1, the fan operation has had some changes. The important one, to have the fan enabled (toggled on) at start-up. Start off by powering off the amp; Then, while pressing and keeping the Menu select button pressed, power up. Keep Menu select button pressed until boot-up is complete. If the fan was on this should disable (toggle off) the fan operation at start-up. If you redo this exercise, you will re-enable (toggle on) the fan operation at start-up.

This disabled operation doesn't remove the fan operation but makes it heat dependant. The enabled operation has the fan operating at power-up.

Hope this helps!

Joust

#3 Tolahouse

Tolahouse
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

You are the champ. Thanks a lot. This worked like a charm. Amp fans are now silent.