XTI 4002 - Stereo Mode: Ch 2 Signal Meter Shows Activity with No Input or Output Connected

xti-4002 xti 2 series 4002 xti 1002 xti 2002 xti 6002

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NeilS

NeilS
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

I apologize if this issue has been answered elsewhere.  If it has, I would appreciate it if someone could direct me to those posts.

In stereo mode, when I connect a signal to just the channel 1 input and the corresponding channel 1 output is connected to an 8 ohm speaker – not only does the channel 1 signal meter on the front of the amp show activity – but the channel 2 signal meter (with gain level off) also illuminates – with no channel 2 input or output connections.  The amount of signal activity on the channel 2 meter seems to match the channel 1 meter.  This happens on both new amps.

Then, I made the same connections on channel 2.

I turned the gain down on channel 1 and just using the channel 2 input and output – only the channel 2 meter illuminates and shows activity – the channel 1 meter did not show any signal activity.

In stereo mode, with the channel 2 gain level off, why would the channel 2 signal meter show the same signal activity as channel 1, with no channel 2 input or output connections?

Let me know if you need more information.

Thank you,
Neil

#2 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Hello Neil,

I have found the same behavior with my units: When signal is input to Ch1, Ch2 shows activity! Only the Signal led is lit though on Ch2.
Do you have more than the Signal led lit?
I have advised Crown and am waiting for a reply to this behavior.
Stay tuned! :)

Alain

#3 NeilS

NeilS
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

Hi Alain,

Only the Channel 2 signal indicator on the amp is lit.  I checked both System Architect and Band Manager - the software is accurate - only the channel 1 signal appears in both software programs.

Maybe it's an issue within the amps (hardware) only.  Since it occurs on my two new 4002 amps and yours as well, it will be interesting to hear what Crown has to say about this.

Let me know when you hear from Crown.

Thanks for input. :)

Neil

#4 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

I'm intrigued as you are! I don't think it's a hardware issue; Most probably firmware. I'll keep you posted.

Alain

#5 NeilS

NeilS
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

Hi,

Crown just notified me that there is a firmware bug that causes the channel 2 meter to show activity with no input or output connections.

The issue will be fixed in an upcoming firmware update.

Neil

#6 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Thanks Neil! Will wait for the update! Regards, Alain

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xti-4002, xti 2 series, 4002, xti 1002, xti 2002, xti 6002