Crown Delta Omega imput

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 windmiller80

windmiller80
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hey,,. Looking to finding out how to hook up properly this amp with the high level imputs. Any special way or device i need to run this amp correctly ?? Right now i have a just the subwoofer output of a home receiver for power going to it. I find its probaly not enough voltage for the amp to run at its  best.. If anyone would wanna buy this amp off of me let me know. I know there might be some vintage guys here that would love this monster amp.

Charles

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE(windmiller80 @ Jun 25 2012, 08:51 PM) View Post
Hey,,. Looking to finding out how to hook up properly this amp with the high level imputs. Any special way or device i need to run this amp correctly ?? Right now i have a just the subwoofer output of a home receiver for power going to it. I find its probaly not enough voltage for the amp to run at its  best.. If anyone would wanna buy this amp off of me let me know. I know there might be some vintage guys here that would love this monster amp.

Charles

Dear Charles,
I think the best usage you can do with this amp is operate it yourself, although it does have some value as a vintage amp, you will have to add a bit of $$$ to get another unit that has similar functionality. If you still want to sell the beast, eBay is always a good option.
To adjust the voltage levels, you need a small format yet high quality mixer, the good ones start at $80 such as the Mackie 402-VLZ3, very small and will do exactly what you need, get you the voltage level you need plus convert these unbalanced RCAs to balanced XLRs. Connect it all and be happy smile.gif

#3 windmiller80

windmiller80
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(dakos @ Jun 26 2012, 06:13 AM) View Post
QUOTE(windmiller80 @ Jun 25 2012, 08:51 PM) View Post

Charles

Dear Charles,
I think the best usage you can do with this amp is operate it yourself, although it does have some value as a vintage amp, you will have to add a bit of $$$ to get another unit that has similar functionality. If you still want to sell the beast, eBay is always a good option.
To adjust the voltage levels, you need a small format yet high quality mixer, the good ones start at $80 such as the Mackie 402-VLZ3, very small and will do exactly what you need, get you the voltage level you need plus convert these unbalanced RCAs to balanced XLRs. Connect it all and be happy smile.gif

Ya it doesnt have good imputs. It has 3 screws on the back for imputs. But i will try a mixer. I may put it on ebay aswell. I dont know what its worth really

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

This amp is indeed a beast but its a high quality beast. You only have three screws cause it's a mono amp and the three connections are for a single balanced input, for subs you don't need more than that. With a few minutes of your time, you can install the more modern Neutrik XLR Chassis Mount connector instead of these three screws.

I don't know how to evaluate this amp either sad.gif