• 46 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

---

#17 rodr@fse_Crown

rodr@fse_Crown
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

You have good advice on means of hooking this up.

Food for thought if this system is used to entertain others, than the system should be mono across the board.  If people congregate to one side of the room they will miss half of the stereo feed.  Mono rigs are most popular as they tend to allow all people to hear the same content.   It is only realistic to run stereo for fixed position listeners and then they all must be between the speakers to hear the stereo seperation.  In end Mono is best for PA work.

Other great news is the XLS is a great amp.  Most forget to look into the real facts of this amp.  +90% Effiecent 200 watts of ac cord at full power, -126dbu signal to noise ratio, 11lbs so it wont break your back.  While yes I-Tech HD's are wonderful amps, but for the small band or the DJ they outperform many amps available in the marketplace as they dont break the bank.  The best part is they are incredibly reliable as failure rates are less than 1/4%!!  This amp you should keep around.

#18 debzdoodle

debzdoodle

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

Thanks rodr@fse_crown, I am pleased you said that because I do like this amp.  I just wish both channels were hot in bridge mode. I am running the whole system in mono ....I use the mono output from the desk, DRPA is set to mono but I run the Carvin in stereo  (175w per side) simply because I do not need bridge power for the highs. The XLS is obviously run stereo (650 w per side) because I cannot run it bridged into 2 ohms. The XTI is bridged because the SRX's are 8 ohms which allows me 4 ohm bridge (3200w)..........

Thanks